It was the moment we were all waiting for: the first kiss between the newlyweds.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry shared a brief kiss on the West Steps of St George’s Chapel as they exited following their hour-long service.
But there was a moment of uncertainty before they went ahead with the brief moment of PDA.
According to lip reader Tina Lannin, Meghan asked Harry if they should kiss.
Meghan discreetly asked Harry: “Do we kiss?”
To which Harry quietly replied: “Yeah”.
Back in 2011, Kate and William locked lips, to much cheering, on the balcony at Buckingham Palace but with no balcony and no Buckingham Palace involved in Meghan and Harry’s wedding, there was some debate over where the newlyweds would kiss.
They settled on the West Steps, in front of the crowd of invited well-wishes.
Predictably, the crowd went wild.
Directly after, the couple climbed into the carriage and embarked on their 25-minute celebratory ride around Windsor, where some 100,000 fans lined the streets.
MOST POPULAR ROYAL WEDDING STORIES ON YAHOO
- Relive the wedding with Yahoo’s coverage: Harry and Meghan’s marriage sealed with a kiss
- Take a closer look at Meghan Markle’s wedding dress
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s whispered words before first kiss revealed
- The sweet wedding moment you probably missed
- Princess Charlotte steals hearts with enthusiastic wave
- In pictures: Celebrity guests attend royal wedding
- When Harry wed Meghan: The best pictures of the big day