While all eyes were on the Queen at Royal Ascot on Friday, her husband the Duke of Edinburgh was quietly carrying out a private engagement in Norfolk. Prince Philip, who retired from royal duties in 2017, conducted a meeting at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate in his role as Colonel-in-Chief of The Rifles.Philip, 98, received General Sir Nicholas Carter, who was relinquishing his appointment as Colonel Commandant of The Rifles regiment, and General Patrick Sanders who is succeeding him. The trio posed for a photo that was shared on the royal family's Twitter account. The Duke looked smart in a tweed suit as he stood between the military personnel.The Queen's husband carried out a rare engagement in NorfolkFans were quick to send compliments to the Queen's husband, with several commenting on how healthy and happy he looked. "Nice to see the HRH the Duke of Edinburgh looking so fit - his attendance is sorely missed at state functions," one Twitter user replied. "HRH is looking well," another wrote, while a third posted: "The Duke of Edinburgh is 98!!!!! If I ever get to 98 (doubtful) I want to look as able as he is."MORE: Sarah Ferguson joins ex-husband Prince Andrew at Royal AscotPhilip officially retired from public duty almost two years ago, although at the time, Buckingham Palace stated that he would occasionally carry out engagements and still support the Queen at big family events. The former military man turned 98 earlier this month, with his family paying tribute on Twitter and Instagram. Prince William and Kate wished Philip many happy returns by sharing some beautiful photos with the caption: "Wishing a very Happy 98th Birthday to His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh!"Philip officially retired from public duty almost two years agoMORE: Katya Jones is a beautiful bride once again - see her wedding dressPrincess Eugenie, 29, shared some adorable throwbacks, the first showing the Duke patting his granddaughter on the head one Christmas. "Happy Birthday to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh," Eugenie wrote. "I found a couple of classic photographs of Grandpa and I on Christmas Day and Trooping the Colour a few years ago now…"Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.
"Prince Harry said to me that there is a big difference between being a show business celebrity and being a royal."
Another big royal split between the Sussexes and the Cambridges is reportedly imminent.Weeks after reports surfaced that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were planning on splitting off from the Royal Foundation, the charity foundation that they ran with Prince William and Kate Middleton, Page Six reports that the said split is happening this week.The outlet says that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will officially exit the organisation on Wednesday, June 19, following a board meeting that "everybody is massively stressed" about inside the Royal Foundation."It's not an easy time right now at the foundation," an insider told Page Six.William, Kate and Harry set up the Royal Foundation back in 2011, and Meghan attended her first event in connection with the organisation in February 2018, when she was engaged to Harry several months before marrying him that spring.While the palace didn't confirm that Meghan and Harry were officially leaving the foundation, it did acknowledge that changes will likely be announced in the near future."We announced earlier this year the Royal Foundation was reviewing its structures," the statement read. "Any announcement regarding this review will be made in due course."The move would be the second major split between the Sussexes and the Cambridges this year as rumours of a royal rift continue to plague the couples. Back in March, Harry and Meghan officially split their royal household from William and Kate's as they moved away from Kensington Palace and into Frogmore Cottage at Windsor Castle as they prepared to welcome their first child."The Queen has agreed to the creation of a new household for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, following their marriage in May last year," the palace said in a statement at the time. "The household, which will be created with the support of the queen and The Prince of Wales, will be established in the spring. This long-planned move will ensure that permanent support arrangements for the duke and duchess' work are in place as they start their family and move to their official residence at Frogmore Cottage."While royal experts say that "it's absolutely the case that the brothers did fall out" at some point amid tensions around Harry's new relationship with Meghan, sources now say that the duchesses and the brothers are bonding over parenthood and that Archie Harrison's arrival "has probably really helped to improve the relationship."