Amazon Prime Day is the perfect opportunity for you to pick up anything you've had your eye on this past year. Whether that's a brand-new KitchenAid, Le Creuset Casserole Dish or Air Fryer, Amazon always offer a variety of fantastic deals on best-selling products. And this year, we expect nothing less!
Here's everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Day 2020.
What Is Amazon Prime Day?
Now in its sixth year, Amazon Prime Day is the e-tailer's annual sales shopping event. It gives Amazon Prime customers exclusive access to major deals and discounts on a whole bunch of products.
When Is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon has confirmed that Prime Day will take place over two days. The first discounts will launch at 00.01 on Tuesday 13 October, with offers running until 23.59 on Wednesday 14 October.
These dates will be the same across the UK, the US, Canada, Australia, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Luxembourg, Singapore, UAE, Mexico, China and Japan. First-time Prime Day events in Turkey and Brazil will also run on October 13 and 14.
How Does Amazon Prime Day Work?
You need to be an Amazon Prime Member to get access to the deals. If you're yet to register, you can sign up for Amazon Prime's free 30-day trial. After the free trial runs out, it’s £7.99 a month.
Typically, there are two types of Amazon Prime Day deals:
- Lightning fast deals (deals which are activated at a specific time and last until the stock of that particular product runs out completely)
- 24/48 hour deals (deals that last for a full day, or two)
There's no calling which products will get what type of deal, so you'll have to stay on the lookout for the best price-cuts.
TIP: It's worth bookmarking the products you want and re-visiting the page on Amazon Prime Day.
Best Amazon Prime Day Deals From Last Year
- Instant Pot Duo Electric Pressure Cooker - reduced to £69.99 (saving £100)
- Kenwood MultiPro Sense Food Processor - reduced to £179 (saving £60)
- Kenwood Hand Blender - reduced to £54.99 (saving £14.96)
- Morphy Richards Jug Blender - reduced to £27.99 (saving £11.01)
- Morphy Richards Sear and Stew Digital Slow Cooker - reduced to £36.99 (saving £13)
- De'Longhi Scultura Traditional Barista Pump Espresso Machine - reduced to £99.99 (saving £48.51)
- Panasonic Automated Breadmaker - reduced to £80.99 (saving £19)
- Morphy Richards Total Control Soup Maker - reduced to £50.99 (saving £15)
- GreenPan Mayflower 3-Piece Saucepan Set - reduced to £76.99 (saving £21.98)
What To Expect This Year
Just as we expected, Amazon has announced that there will be more than one million deals globally throughout the two-day event, from top brands including Philips, Toshiba, NESCAFÉ, LEGO, Nintendo, Shark, Samsung, Under Armour, Sony, Le Creuset and many more.
We're convinced there's going to be a whole lot of savings!
Support Small Businesses
This year, Amazon is actively encouraging customers to shop with small businesses.
Doug Gurr, Amazon UK Country Manager said: "After a tough six months for everyone, we’re committed to making this the most successful Prime Day ever for small businesses, and excited for members to discover the very best from artisans and entrepreneurs in the UK, whilst saving big on everything they need and love from the comfort of their homes."
During the lead-up to the e-tailer's annual shopping event, Amazon will be offering a £10 credit to use on Prime Day to Prime members who spend £10 on items sold by select UK small businesses in Amazon’s store. Amazon has launched a new curated collections to help connect customers with smaller businesses.
You can visit amazon.co.uk/supportsmall to start shopping!
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.