The couple shared the news via the @SussexRoyal Instagram account this afternoon.
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are pleased to announce they have named their first born child: Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor,” reads the Instagram post.
“This afternoon Their Royal Highnesses introduced Her Majesty The Queen her eighth great-grandchild at Windsor Castle. The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duchess’ mother were also present for this special occasion.”
The news comes following the family-of-three’s first official photocall at Windsor Castle today.
Harry, 34, was seen holding his newborn son, while wife Meghan, 37, stood by his side in Windsor Castle.
In a brief interview, Meghan said motherhood is “magic” and “pretty amazing”.
“I have the two best guys in the world, so I’m really happy,” she added.
When asked what he’s like, she responded: “He has the sweetest temperament, he’s really calm.”
“Wonder where he gets that from,” Harry joked.
Harry spoke of the first few days with their son, revealing it’s been “the dream” and a “special couple of days”.
When asked who the baby takes after, Harry said they’re “still trying to figure that out.”
He added: “Everyone says babies change so much over the next two weeks, so we’re monitoring how the changing process happens.
“Parenting is amazing, it’s only been two and a half, three days, but we’re just so thrilled to have our own little bundle of joy to spend some precious times with him as he slowly starts to grow up”.
The couple added that the Queen will meet the baby this afternoon and they “bumped into” Prince Philip as they walked to the interview location.
Harry joked the baby’s “already got a little bit of facial hair as well”.
Meghan finished the interview by thanking the public for the well wishes and kindness.
The photos were taken at St. George’s Hall in Windsor Castle, where the couple held their wedding reception last May.
Read more: Title of Meghan and Harry’s firstborn child
Harry and Meghan welcomed their son on May 6 at 05:26, weighing 7lb 3oz. It’s believed he was almost a week overdue.
The announcement of his arrival came around 10 hours after he was born. Proud father Harry appeared on TV for a short interview, saying he was “over the moon” about his son’s safe arrival.
While it was previously thought Meghan had a home birth at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, there have been reports that she was taken to a London hospital (most likely The Portland) on Sunday night by Harry and his security team.
The couple opted out of a post-birth photo call, having announced in advance of the birth that they wanted to keep details around the baby’s arrival private.
Today’s interview has been a much more intimate affair than the mass media photo call we’ve seen with previous royal births.
The couple spoke with a very small pool of journalists, comprising one reporter, one photographer and two TV cameras.
One of these TV cameras belonged to a US network, which some royal experts were quick to criticise Meghan and Harry for.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge posed on the steps of the Lindo Wing at St Mary’s hospital in Paddington, after the births of their three children, George, Charlotte and Louis.
Watch the latest videos from Yahoo News UK