Following persistent rumours of musicians and models being denied Chinese visas, this year's line-up of Victoria's Secret Fashion Show performers has just been confirmed. Former One Directioner Harry Styles, Grammy Award-winner Miguel, Hamilton alum Leslie Odom Jr and Chinese pop sensation Jane Zhang are set to take to the catwalk in Shanghai on Monday (20 November).
"We are incredibly thrilled to have them with us,” said Ed Razek, executive producer of the VS Fashion Show.
Katy Perry was widely touted to be performing at the show but was allegedly denied from entering the country. Justin Bieber was also a name suggested, after collaborating with Victoria's Secret Angels on a music video, but he was also banned from China earlier this year for "bad behaviour". Gigi Hadid was also forced to pull out from the show at the last minute, but has yet to confirm why.
Razek denied that the event was turning into a "media crisis".
"The news reports I’ve been reading from the US here in Shanghai regarding this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show are not an accurate reflection of what I’m seeing and experiencing on site,” he told People. “This will, without question, be the biggest fashion event in history and our most ambitious show by far. The event is well in hand and coming together beautifully. We have more models than ever before – 55 representing 17 countries, and four world-class entertainers.”
He continued: "The Chinese have been wonderful and enthusiastic hosts and partners. From granting more than 700 visas, collaborating with us on every detail and introducing us to local experts who have helped us elevate our event in this renowned fashion city. We appreciate their efforts and all they have done to make this event a success. We look forward to the live show Monday night and the international broadcast a week later.”
You Might Also Like