The 50 best restaurants in the world have named, with Osteria Francescana in Northern-Italy taking the highest accolade.
The three-Michelin-star restaurant located in Modena, was awarded the top spot at the prestigious ceremony last night, which took place in Bilbao, Spain.
Here, the top chefs from restaurants from around the world descended to find out where their restaurant came in the rankings.
Osteria Francescana, owned and run by head chef Massimo Bottura, also took away the top prize in 2016.
“We built this together,” said Bottura upon collecting his award. “I’m not going to disappoint you, I’m going to show the world that chefs in 2018 are much more than the sum of their recipes if we stay together.”
Coming in second place for this year’s awards was El Celler de Can Roca, Spain – up from third place last year – and in third place was Mirazur, France – up from fourth.
The 2017 winner, Eleven Madison Park in New York City, came in fourth.
As for homegrown favourites, only four British restaurants made it into the top 50: The Clove Club came in at 33, Lyle’s at 38, The Ledbury at 42, and Dinner by Heston Blumenthal at 45. All four are based in London.
However, it was disappointing news for women as only four of the 50 best are lead by female head chefs.
To combat the obvious gender disparity in the awards year-on-year, the official board decided to create a World’s Best Female Chef awards earlier this year, which was won by Clare Smyth of Core, Notting Hill.
Speaking about her award, Smyth said: “To separate [male from female chefs] for me is strange, but we don’t see enough women coming through at the top and we need to do something about it.”
“I would love to see very soon that we don’t need gender-specific awards because women will have recognition and there will be a balance in the industry,” she continued. “Hopefully we’ll see plenty of women on the 50 Best list and there won’t be a need for that award.”
See the full list below:
- Osteria Francescana (Modena, Italy) – Best restaurant in Europe
- El Celler de Can Roca (Girona, Spain)
- Mirazur (Menton, France)
- Eleven Madison Park (New York City) – Best restaurant in North America
- Gaggan (Bangkok) – Best restaurant in Asia
- Central (Lima, Peru) – Best restaurant in South America
- Maido (Lima, Peru)
- Arpege (Paris, France)
- Mugaritz (San Sebastian, Spain)
- Asador Etxebarri (Axpe, Spain)
- Quintonil (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Blue Hill at Stone Barns (Pocantico Hills, New York)
- Pujol (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Steirereck (Vienna, Austria)
- White Rabbit (Moscow, Russia)
- Piazza Duomo (Alba, Italy)
- Den (Tokyo, Japan) – Highest climber
- Disfrutar (Barcelona, Spain) – Highest new entry
- Geranium (Copenhagen)
- Attica (Melbourne, Australia)
- Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée (Paris, France)
- Narisawa (Tokyo, Japan)
- Le Calandre (Rubano, Italy)
- Ultraviolet (Shanghai, China)
- Cosme (New York City)
- Le Bernardin (New York City)
- Boragó (Santiago, Chile)
- Odette (Singapore) – New entry
- Alléno Paris au Pavillon Ledoyen (Paris, France)
- D.O.M. (São Paulo, Brazil)
- Arzak (San Sebastian, Spain)
- Tickets (Barcelona, Spain)
- The Clove Club (London, UK)
- Alinea (Chicago)
- Maaemo (Oslo, Norway) – New entry
- Reale (Castel Di Sangro, Italy)
- Restaurant Tim Raue (Berlin, Germany)
- Lyle’s (London) – New entry
- Astrid y Gastón (Lima, Peru)
- Septime (Paris, France)
- Nihonryori RyuGin (Tokyo, Japan)
- The Ledbury (London, UK)
- Azurmendi (Larrabetzu, Spain) – Sustainable restaurant award
- Mikla (Istanbul, Turkey) – New entry
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (London, UK)
- Saison (San Francisco)
- Schloss Schauenstein (Fürstenau, Switzerland) – New entry
- Hiša Franko (Kobarid, Slovenia) – New entry
- Nahm (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Test Kitchen (Cape Town, South Africa) – Africa’s best restaurant
Read more from Yahoo Style UK: