Twilight actor Gregory Tyree Boyce died of cocaine and fentanyl overdose, coroner confirms

Louis Chilton

Twilight actor Gregory Tyree Boyce and his girlfriend Natalie Adepoju died as a result of an accidental drug overdose, a Las Vegas coroner has confirmed.

Clark County coroner John Fudenberg said that the cause of death was the effects of cocaine and fentanyl intoxication.

Fentanyl is often described as synthetic heroin, but its far greater potency means it is responsible for many drug overdose deaths in the US.

In Twilight, the film adaptation of Stephanie Meyer’s hit teen vampire book, Boyce played the character of Tyler Crowley, a student at Forks High School who nearly hits Bella (Kristen Stewart) with his van.

Gregory Boyce via Instagram

Boyce was just 30 years old when he died; Adepoju was 27. Their bodies were discovered by police on 13 May 2020.

Boyce’s mother, Lisa Wayne, revealed on Facebook that her son was about to open a business before he died.

“He was in the process of starting a [chicken] wing business, West Wings. He created the flavours to his perfection and named them after west coast rappers. Snoop Dog, Kendrick Lamar, Roddy Ricch, The Game, etc.”

After turning 30 in December, Boyce wrote on Instagram: “At one point I didn’t think I would make it to see 30 years old. Over the years like everyone else I have made mistakes along the way, but today is one of those days I only reflect on the great ones. What a time to be alive.”

If you have been affected by this article, you can contact the following organisations for support: mind.org.uk, actiononaddiction.org.uk, nhs.uk/livewell/mentalhealth, mentalhealth.org.uk, samaritans.org

Read more

The pop superfans propelling lost classics back to chart success

Love Is Blind’s Kelly apologises for ‘ignorant’ George Floyd comments

Adele says ‘racism is everywhere’ in rare social media post