Princess Beatrice has spoken about this “challenging time” as she is seen for the first time since her wedding reception was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Beatrice, 31, has had to move her planned reception from 29 May because of government advice on large gatherings and social distancing while the country tackles COVID-19.
She has spoken publicly for the first time since the news of the postponement, lending her support to one of her charities, Helen Arkhall Dyslexia Charity.
In the video, shared on the charity’s Twitter, she said: “This is an incredibly challenging time. For the world and the United Kingdom. As patron of the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity, I just wanted to send this message to say the Helen Arkell charity is open for business.
“Yes, they are doing things online at the moment rather than face to face, but their incredible team of specialists is here to help whenever you need them.
Whether that is online courses, tuition sessions, or their online helpline, please get in touch. I would encourage you to look at their website and see what's available to you.”
Our patron, HRH Princess Beatrice, has shared a message about the support Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity is providing during the current crisis. Do get in touch if we can help #dyslexia #marvellousfemaledyslexics #wednesdaymorning pic.twitter.com/iMQMWy4SkJ— Arkell Dyslexia (@ArkellDyslexia) April 22, 2020
The message was shared with a comment from the charity which read: “Our patron, HRH Princess Beatrice, has shared a message about the support Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity is providing during the current crisis. Do get in touch if we can help.”
Beatrice, whose parents are Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, and Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has kept a low profile during this time.
It was understood that Beatrice and her fiance, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 36, had been planning to use the tents and structures used for the Buckingham Palace garden parties for their wedding.
When the parties were cancelled they had to take a decision on their own reception too.
There have been reports that the ceremony itself is also cancelled, but Buckingham Palace has not confirmed this to Yahoo UK, and said it is still under review.
Before the government banned wedding ceremonies, the Church of England guidance was that only five people would be allowed at ceremonies, to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
That would mean only the couple, two witnesses, and the officiant would be present.
Buckingham Palace previously said: “Princess Beatrice and Mr Mapelli Mozzi are very much looking forward to getting married but are equally aware of the need to avoid undertaking any unnecessary risks in the current circumstances.
“In line with government advice for the UK and beyond, the couple are reviewing their arrangements for 29th May.
“They are particularly conscious of government advice in relation to both the wellbeing of older family members and large gatherings of people. Therefore, the planned reception in the Buckingham Palace Gardens will not take place. The couple will carefully consider government advice before deciding whether a private marriage might take place amongst a small group of family and friends.”
Beatrice was diagnosed with dyslexia when she was seven years old and worked with the charity to help improve her reading as a child.