The Duchess of Sussex is rumoured to making a trip back to her homeland next year.
According to Vanity Fair, California-born Meghan and her husband Harry are planning a royal tour of the US and Canada in autumn 2019.
The couple had reportedly planned to travel there early next year but as they’re expecting their first child in spring, the overseas visit is said to have been pushed back.
The magazine reports that Meghan plans to work “right up to her due date” because she feels “fit and well and wants to continue working as long as possible.”
They added that the Duke and Duchess are “keen to visit the US and Canada as a family,” and therefore may take their new arrival with them on the trip.
Similarly, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge took an eight-month-old Prince George with them on their royal tour of Australia in 2014. They also took George and Charlotte to Canada with them in 2016 and Germany and Poland last year.
Meghan grew up in Los Angeles and filmed hit US legal drama ‘Suits’ in Toronto, Canada, where she lived in a two-storey townhouse.
While the former actress is said to have made several private trips to her homeland, this tour of the US and Canada will be her first public one as a royal.
Meghan moved to London in late 2017, as she and Harry announced their engagement. The pair were married at St George’s Chapel within the grounds of Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018.
Kensington Palace announced that the Sussexes are moving to Frogmore Cottage in Windsor in the new year, ahead of the baby’s arrival. The couple broke the news they’re expecting their first child at the start of their 16-day tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand in October.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for non-stop inspiration delivered fresh to your feed, every day. For Twitter updates, follow @YahooStyleUK.
Read more from Yahoo Style UK: