The Queen is the head of the family, alongside her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh. Harry is one of their eight grandchildren, which means his child will be their eighth great-grandchild.
Their eldest two great-grandchildren are Savannah, eight, and Isla Phillips, six, Peter Phillips’ children with wife Autumn. Prince George, five, comes next, followed by Zara and Mike Tindall’s firstborn Mia Tindall, who’s also five.
Princess Charlotte, three, is the fifth youngest, followed by younger brother Prince Louis, who turns one next month. Zara and Mike’s second child, Lena, is the current youngest of the group at just nine-months-old.
Prince Charles will be the royal baby’s paternal grandfather, while his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall will be step-grandmother.
The duchess’ mother Doria Ragland, who lives in the US, will be the baby’s maternal grandmother.
Thomas Markle, who lives in Mexico, will be the child’s maternal grandfather. However it’s thought Meghan hasn’t had contact with her father since the royal wedding, after he staged paparazzi photographs for money.
So where will the baby fall in the line of succession? They will be seventh in line to the throne when they are born behind father Harry in sixth. The baby will bump Prince Andrew down to eighth place.
The current line of succession
1. The Prince of Wales, born 14 November 1948
2. The Duke of Cambridge, born 9 January 1982
3. Prince George of Cambridge, born 22 July 2013
4. Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, born 2 May 2015
5. Prince Louis of Cambridge, born 23 April 2018
6. The Duke of Sussex, born 15 September 1984
7. The Duke of York, born 19 February 1960
8. Princess Beatrice of York, born 8 August 1988
9. Princess Eugenie of York, born 23 March 1990
10. The Earl of Wessex, born 10 March 1964
11. Viscount Severn, born 17 December 2007
12. The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor, born 8 November 2003
13. The Princess Royal, born 15 August 1950
14. Peter Phillips, born 15 November 1977
15. Savannah Phillips, born 29 December 2010
16. Isla Phillips, born 29 March 2012
17. Zara Tindall, born 15 May 1981