Harry and Meghan tipped to present award at Emmy's

·Royal Correspondent
·2-min read
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - JULY 14: (EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION IN UK NEWSPAPERS UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER CREATE DATE AND TIME) Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex attend
Harry and Meghan at 'The Lion King' European Premiere at Leicester Square on July 2019 in London. (Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been tipped to present an Emmy at the upcoming awards night in Hollywood.

It's been suggested the couple could make their California red carpet debut at the ceremony in September, where their friend Oprah Winfrey has been nominated for her interview with them.

According to The Sun, they could be invited as guests of Netflix, with which they have a multi-million dollar production deal.

The couple previously walked a red carpet when they attended the Lion King premiere back in London.

On that occasion Harry was overheard telling an executive that Meghan could do voiceover work and soon after she was confirmed as voicing Disney's Elephant documentary.

If Harry and Meghan do decide to attend they could see their friend Winfrey scoop the Emmy for outstanding hosted nonfiction series or special.

Winfrey and her team were nominated for the interview she carried out with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, about their time in the Royal Family and why they stepped back from senior royal duties.

But the royal couple themselves are not nominated.

Also in the same category for nonfiction series or specials are My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman, Stanley Tucci: Searching For Italy, United Shades Of America With W Kamau Bell and documentary series Vice.

Watch: Meghan accuses UK royals of racism

Harry, 36, and Meghan, 40, gave their side of the story about the decision to leave their senior royal roles during the CBS special, revealing some of their mental health struggles and accusing the palace of a lack of support.

Meghan said she'd felt suicidal and was told she could not get help, while Harry said he felt let down by his father Prince Charles, who he claimed stopped taking his calls.

Although Harry and Meghan have lived in California since March 2020, they have not made big appearances anywhere because of the lockdown.

They have stepped out on a handful of occasions and made video appearances, but this would be a big debut moment for them.

Harry attended the Vax Live concert in person, but then-pregnant Meghan sent a video message.

Meghan announced her first Netflix project, a children's series called Pearl, on which she will be an executive producer, and Harry has already released his first project for the platform - a documentary called Heart of Invictus

Watch: Duchess of Sussex turns 40: a look at her style transformation

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting