Make picnics fun and exciting with this delicious and funky sandwich idea.
Caterpillar sandwich recipe
1 loaf of brown bread
2 olives (eyes)
½ cucumber (feet)
½ vanilla pod (for the ears)
Mu Mature Cheddar - sliced
Lettuce leaf for the caterpillar to eat
1. Make sandwiches from the egg mayonnaise and MU Mature Cheddar (your favourite fillings can also be used)
2. Cut them out with a round cutter (this will make the body of the caterpillar)
3. Cut the cucumber into ¼ slices (this will make the legs)
4. Cut the apple in half from top to bottom and decorate with a smiley face using vanilla pods, olives and red pepper
5. Arrange the cut sandwiches on a plate and then place the cucumber legs at the base of each sandwich
6. Finish with the face and a garnish of lettuce
Will you be trying this family recipe? Tell us over on Twitter now.