As much as a trip to the luxury makeup counter in a department store can be the ultimate beauty therapy, it’s also something of a strain on the bank balance.
Fortunately you don’t have to shell out on a whole new range to keep up with the seasons. Just stock up on these essentials and you’ll be able to pull off any look you want.
1. Paint Set Beauty – In Primary School blending colours to paint the rainbow was a given and makeup artists do this all the time to create statement catwalk beauty looks so, in order to maximise your shades, a little mix and blend is in order. Combine colours such as red and purple to get a plum hue, and coral with red for a fuschia tone.
And in keeping with the current matt lip trend, bring your shiny lippies into the season by layering with powder between each application for a satin finish or leave the lipstick out altogether and press your foundation against your lips for that Cara Delevigne look.
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation £32.50
2. Sweets for my Cheeks - Get chiselled cheek bones whatever the season by sweeping bronzer on to the hollows of your cheeks instead of a powder blush. It creates the same effect and you can go a step further to enhance your glow by lightly blending in a deep red lip gloss for rosy cheeks.
CHANEL Soleil tan de Chanel, £31
3. Body Balance – Make your tan (real or from a bottle) last longer between applications/holidays by using your face primer on your arms and legs to even out and enhance your skin tone for a full body glow.
YSL Top Secrets Flash Radiance Skincare Brush £38
4. Running low on concealer? Look to your eyeshadow palette. It’s likely that you’ll have taupe or a similar shade to pull this expert trick off: Dab the shadow under your lower lashes to cover any bluish eye circles and conceal and then apply your foundation as normal.
NARS Ride Up To The Moon Eyeshadow palette £32
5. Plump It Up – For a sexy pout without the botox add a sparkly eye shadow to the centre of your lips for a fuller effect. Layer with your lip gloss and the shimmer will draw the light so your lips pop and have a naturally sexy pout.
Bobbi Brown Crystal Lip Gloss, £18