It’s that time again. For its fourth consecutive year, Esquire goes live for three days of celebrity interviews, comedy performances, panel discussions, masterclasses, fitness sessions and more, all at Esquire Townhouse with Breitling, which runs from 17-19 October.
A free access ticket will give you access to the house and Esquire Club, where you can relax in our lounge and bar, or take advantage of the complementary services dotted around London’s favourite pop-up members’ club. Kick back in the BREITLING Loft and Games Room, enjoy our complimentary SEB MAN grooming parlour, the Cupra Concierge service, and experience the brilliance of Bang & Olufsen with screenings of the Quarter Final of the Rugby World Cup and Premier League Football. Book your tickets here:
For the individual events, we have a full schedule of interviews, panel discussions and masterclasses. Check out the listings in the link above to book tickets but here are some of the highlights:
• R.E.M on the 25th anniversary of their ninth album Monster with a fascinating conversation with BBC6 Music’s Matt Everitt.
• One of fashion’s most innovative and influential designers, Dior Artistic Director Kim Jones, on his life and career.
• Author, essayist and one of our best chroniclers of modern life, John Lanchester, on the big issues humanity is facing.
• One of Britain’s most successful athletes and Belstaff ambassador, Sir Ben Ainslie on a life at the top.
• One of our greatest novelists Salman Rushdie on his life and work.
• Everything but The Girl’s Tracey Thorn will chat with Miranda Sawyer on a life in music
• Ground-breaking film director Asif Kapadia (Amy, Senna, Diego Maradona) will provide insight into his filmography
• Innovative film director Edgar Wright (Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Baby Driver) will talk about his career so far
• TV presenter, adventurer and Breitling ambassador Ben Fogle on a life of adventure.
• Million-copy bestselling author and comedian Adam Kay, marking his new book Twas the Nighshift before Christmas, with a night of comedy, readings and an audience Q&As.
• Learn How To Write For Film and TV with a crack team of industry professionals including Milk’s Oscar-winning screenwriter, Dustin Lance Black, one of The Handmaid’s Tale’s screenwriters, Lynn Renee Maxcy, and BBC’s Head of Comedy & Producer of This Time with Alan Partridge and the Emmy Award-winning Fleabag in our very special scriptwriting masterclass.
• The Esquire Style Panel will look at the trends, issues, dos and donts of men’s style in 2019 and beyond.
• Our popular art panel will be providing advice and insight into collecting with Art Matters podcast Ferren Gipson, co-founder of Frieze Matthew Slotover and Christie’s contemporary art specialist Stefano Amoretti
Food & Drink
• Learn about the greats of Italian wine with London wine legend Lucas Dusi from Passione Vino
• Stevie Parle, the brilliant chef behind Esquire’s favourite pasta place Pastaio will be hosting an intimate pasta-making masterclass with dinner and wine.
• Highland Park, Berry Bros. & Rudd and Mr Lyan will be hosting cocktail tastings and masterclasses.
• Back by popular demand, Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester will be hosting another informative guide to upping your wine game.
• The meat masters Ginger Pig will be Beef Butchery masterclass & Steak tasting session
Back for another year, we’ve reserved Townhouse’s Saturday morning for a host of fitness classes and group exercise sessions sure to get the blood pumping.
If it’s high-intensity you’re after, this year’s addition will feature a Cardio Killer and Power Yoga session hosted by BLOK, boxing bootcamps and band burn workouts from Equinox, a running club from Last Pick Athletics Club, a cycling session from Boom Cycle, a Power Yoga session by BLOK, and a boxing skills session with BXR London – all of which are accompanied with some healthy treats.
For a quieter Saturday morning, head to our Intermittent Fasting Panel chaired by some of the industry’s best nutritionists or attend Third Space’s Medical Clinic to learn about injury prevention in sport.
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more delivered straight to your inbox
You Might Also Like