This cute canvas is made up of lots of individual paper butterflies in a pretty pink ombre colour palette. It’s easy to make, yet looks really impressive - it would even make a great gift for a special someone this Valentine's Day.
A piece of custom canvas artwork is a great way to add a bit of colour and your own style to a room without breaking the bank. If pink isn’t your thing, why not try creating the heart canvas using rainbow colours instead.
You will need:
How to make a Valentine's love heart canvas
1. Start by cutting out lots of pink butterflies from the paper, using your punch cutter. We used three different shades of pink to add extra colour and dimension to our canvas.
2. Draw a heart shape on the canvas very lightly with a pencil.
3. Starting from the top of the heart shape, glue the butterflies so they fill the heart, working your way down and moving on to the next lighter shade as you get to the bottom to create an ombre effect. Continue until the whole heart is covered.
4. Fold some of the butterflies in half and stick them down on alternating wings so they look as if they're flying. This will create a beautiful 3D effect.
5. Add a few butterflies to the top of the canvas, just outside of the heart shape.
6. Leave the glue to dry, then rub out any visible pencil marks from the outline of the heart.
7. You can hang your canvas, or prop it up on a shelf.
Find more Valentine's Day inspiration on our special Valentine's collection page.
You Might Also Like