We're all emitting an aura 24:7. We’ve all got one. Honestly, trust me. It is a unique energy field, a halo of light and colour, which expresses your life force and emotions. It shifts and changes as your feelings come and go, and your circumstances change.
Your aura is constantly in flux, and the colours in it alter to reflect your mood. However, one is typically dominant, and that is the part of your aura that others pick up on. It’s as real and tangible as light, sound, heat and magnetism, all of which are also invisible forces swirling around us. We interact with each other’s auras all the time, and this can help to describe why we immediately feel a certain way in certain people’s company. Our auras can clash or they can harmonise.
So, your aura is an invisible (usually) electromagnetic force field that radiates from your body, believed to consist of light. We have an innate, often unconscious reaction to other people’s auras, without actually seeing them with our naked eye. With practice and patience, however, you can train yourself to consciously sense, and even see, more of your own aura and other people’s auras. Want to try?
So, what are you looking for?
Colours. The seven colours of the light spectrum (what we think of as the rainbow) make up the auric field. Each represents a different mood or characteristic, as follows:
RED: Passion, ambition, aggression, challenge, drama, strong life force
YELLOW: Flexibility, communication, humour, joyfulness, intellectual ability
PINK: Gentleness, romance, altruism, harmony, peace
GREEN: Confidence, stoicism, calmness, pragmatism, healing
PURPLE: Imagination, creativity, intuition, escapism, enlightenment
ORANGE: Friendliness, optimism, playfulness, fun-seeking, positivity
BLUE: Serenity, sensitivity, calmness, devotion, sincerity, loyalty
Exercises you can practice
The Magnet Test
- Find a spot at home which is as close to being in complete darkness as possible (under your duvet at night?), and take a magnet with you.
- Now, stare into the blackness, in the direction of the magnet. You should see a faint glow shimmering round each of its poles. This may intensify into a white light with hues of blue and green, and you may even spot streaks of light emitting from the poles.
- Give this exercise ten minutes. If nothing happens, try again the next night.
- Vigorously rub your hands together, warming them up.
- Next, hold your hands about 30cm from your eyes, against a black or white background. Spread your fingers apart and touch your left and right hand fingertips together.
- Now, focus on the flowing energy between your fingertips, feel it as warmth and visualise seeing it as light and colour, flowing from hand to hand. Feel the tingle.
- Hold this position for a minute, and then start to slowly move your hands apart. You should see tiny sparks of energy radiating from your fingertips, bridging the gap between your hands.
Seeing another person’s aura
- Find a room with soft lighting, and ask a friend to sit in front of a plain (ideally dark) background. The lighting must be soft, minimising shadows or spotlights.
- Relax and centre yourself, close your eyes and breathe deeply.
- When you open them, look past your friend. Stare hard at a point past them, and then let your gaze wander past your friend and back again, and then let it rest. Repeat this process.
- You are trying to pick up impressions from the corner of your eye, and then move on quickly. You are training your brain to notice what’s in its periphery vision, and be confident enough at what it’s seeing to ~report~ back to you.
- Keep looking at the space around your friend in a gentle, unforced way, and, in time, you will start to notice lights and colours.
For your own unique and personal tarot forecast, visit Kerry's TarotBella page.
You Might Also Like