Julianne Moore (Lisey’s Story) and Nicholas Galitzine (Red, White & Royal Blue) are bringing a twisted mother-son relationship to the Court of England in the first teaser trailer for the Starz drama Mary & George.
Originally developed for AMC Networks (with with Sky Studios), Mary & George is described as an “audacious historical psychodrama,” based on the scandalous true story of Mary Villiers, Countess of Buckingham, and George Villiers, “a treacherous mother (Moore) and son (Galitzine) who schemed, seduced and killed to conquer the Court of England and the bed of King James I (Tony Curran).”
More from TVLine
The seven-part limited series, created by D.C. Moore (Killing Eve), is slated to debut in 2024 as a Starz original in the U.S. and Canada.
Ready for some more recent newsy nuggets? Well…
* Love Island USA has been renewed for an additional two seasons at Peacock.
* Six hundred classic episodes of Doctor Who, as well as Doctor Who: The Animated Lost Stories, are now available for free on Tubi via On-Demand and a dedicated FAST Channel.
* In the Kitchen With Harry Hamlin: A Holiday Special, hosted by Hamlin and his niece/classically trained chef Renee Guilbault, will premiere Wednesday, Dec. 13 at 11/10c on IFC and AMC+. Hamlin’s family (including wife Lisa Rinna) and Kenny G will serve as special guests. In the Kitchen With Harry Hamlin will then air as a five-episode series in May 2024.
* BritBox has released a trailer for Archie, a limited series starring Jason Isaacs (Awake) as the legendary actor Cary Grant. Episodes 1 and 2 premiere on Thursday, Dec. 7, followed by Episodes 3 and 4 on Dec. 14.
* The six-episode crime drama Monsieur Spade, starring Clive Owen (The Knick) as private detective Sam Spade, will debut Sunday, Jan. 14 on AMC, AMC+ and Acorn TV; watch a new trailer:
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?
Best of TVLine