Three arrested after raver disappeared two weeks ago

·1-min read
 (North Wales Police/PA Wire)
(North Wales Police/PA Wire)

Police have arrested three people in connection with the disappearance of a teenager two weeks ago.

Frantisek "Frankie" Morris, 18, was last seen walking with his bicycle near the Vaynol Arms, Pentir, Gwynedd, on Sunday, May 2, a day after attending a rave at a disused quarry.

North Wales Police have said a man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving in connection with the case.

A second man and a woman were held on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.

Officers said they had spoken to a cyclist who was caught on CCTV in the area but he was no longer part of their investigation.


Chief Inspector Owain Llewelyn said: "Due to the ongoing investigation, the road from Pont Felin, Pentir heading towards Waen Wen will be closed until further notice."

CI Llewelyn also appealed for a number of drivers to get in touch.

North Wales Police said they want to talk to three male cyclists seen near the pub at about 1.45pm that day.

Many volunteers have been involved in the search for Mr Morris, using drones and dogs.

CI Llewelyn said "several useful reports and pieces of information" were being assessed.

Frankie’s brother Robin said the family, from Llandegfan, Anglesey, was "distraught" over his disappearance.

"Frankie is a bit of a drifter, he does go out some days and my dad doesn’t hear from him, but nothing this long," he told the BBC.

"Everyone’s distraught and upset and worried, the possibilities of what could have happened."

Read More

Indian variant UK: All you need to know as cases rise

LIVE: Hugs, pubs and foreign holidays are back as police urge caution

In Pictures: Travellers take to the skies as road map restores old freedoms

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting