Sweet way Kate Middleton and Prince Will are following in the Queen and Prince Philip's footsteps this Jubilee

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·2-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
Photo credit: Max Mumby/Indigo - Getty Images
Photo credit: Max Mumby/Indigo - Getty Images

It appears that history is repeating itself as Kate Middleton and Prince William are due to follow in the Queen and her late husband Prince Philip's footsteps this Platinum Jubilee – which will wake place over the four day weekend next month from 2 to 5 June.

Buckingham Palace has announced that senior members of the Royal Family will take part in a royal tour across the UK to mark the milestone occasion, something which Her Majesty and Prince Philip did ten years ago for her Diamond Jubilee in 2012.

As part of the special occasion, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Wales, whilst Princess Anne (aka the Princess Royal) will visit Scotland. Other royals taking part in the tour are Prince Edward and his wife who will head to Northern Ireland.

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles will likely remain in London to attend the events scheduled across the momentous weekend. Similarly, Her Majesty's attendance at the various Platinum Jubilee events will be confirmed closer to the time. It comes after a bout of ill-health for the Monarch has forced her to drop out of a number of appearances in the last few months, with adaptions being put into place for the appearances she has made.

The much-anticipated celebrations, which mark the Queen's history-making 70 years on the throne, will commence on 2 June with a birthday parade followed by the Trooping of the Colour.

Photo credit: Max Mumby/Indigo - Getty Images
Photo credit: Max Mumby/Indigo - Getty Images

News of the upcoming royal tour follows an announcement made last week confirming that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would attend the event after weeks of speculation – however, they will not be appearing on the Buckingham Palace balcony with the rest of the Royal Family.

Sharing the news, a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said: "Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are excited and honoured to attend The Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children."

Elsewhere, a spokesperson for Buckingham Palace said: "After careful consideration, the Queen has decided this year’s traditional Trooping of the Colour balcony appearance on Thursday 2 June will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently undertaking official public duties on behalf of the Queen."

Members of the family who aren't currently carrying out royal duties – including the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their two children – will still be invited to take part in other Jubilee events.

You Might Also Like

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting