But on Tuesday (24 June) Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that from 4 July, two households will be able to meet indoors and that the two metre distance rule will be reduced to just one.
The news seems to be good for Strictly, as it means a professional dancer and their celebrity partner will be able to meet up for rehearsals - something that wouldn't previously have been allowed under former lockdown rules.
The Strictly professionals are due to start rehearsals at the beginning of July and Radio Times has reported they will isolate together in one big bubble for two weeks to make this happen.
The entertainment news outlet has said isolation will then continue when the pros and celebrities begin their training together and that training for all types of dance routines could still go ahead, including close contact styles like the Rumba. The possibility of these close contact dances featuring on this year's show had previously been questioned.
We do know that this series will be shorter than usual.
"The Strictly Come Dancing team are doing everything they can to bring the nation plenty of Strictly magic later this year," a spokesperson for the show said.
"To ensure we deliver the high standards audiences know and love, and in light of the ongoing considerations around COVID-19, this year’s series of Strictly will have a slightly shorter run than usual.
"The safety of our cast and crew is of the utmost importance to us and further updates will be made in due course," the statement concluded.
Watch this space for more news.
Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One.
Like this article?Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox
In need of some positivity or not able to make it to the shops? Subscribe and enjoy Good Housekeeping magazine delivered directly to your door every month!
You Might Also Like