Stella McCartney is honoured with CBE at Windsor Castle
British fashion designer and beauty mogul Stella McCartney has been awarded a CBE for her commitment to fashion and sustainability.
On February 7, the 51-year-old was emotional when receiving her award at Windsor Castle from King Charles, and said it was "the greatest moment" of professional life.
Stella was awarded a CBE at Windsor Castle
MORE: 7 Stella McCartney buys that will stand the test of time
McCartney has already received a multitude of accolades for her commitment to luxury, sustainable fashion. In 2011, she was awarded with the Red Carpet Award by the British Fashion Council, and she was awarded an OBE for services to fashion in 2013.
For today's momentous occassion she wore a chic fitted navy blue dress with a flattering waistband that gave the illusion of a two-piece, paired with a netted fascinator, tights and court shoes.
Last year McCartney took her sustainable ethos and ventured into the beauty landscape, launching ‘STELLA, by Stella McCartney’. The brand says: “STELLA is another way to be empowered by nature. Comprising three new skincare essentials, each STELLA formulation is made with at least 99% natural-origin ingredients, the remaining less-than-1% synthetic ingredients being there to preserve the products’ integrity over time.”
The Princess of Wales wore Stella Mccartney to the Platinum Jubilee Pageant in 2022
Royals from The Princess of Wales to Queen Letizia of Spain are fans of Stella’s chic, vegan-friendly designs that stand the test of time. At last year’s Platinum Jubilee Pageant, Kate Middleton wore a raspberry coloured long-sleeved dress with ruched detailing.
MORE: 7 British designer fashion brands to amp up your wardrobe
Whilst in October, Queen Letizia stunned in a red Stella McCartney cape dress with one shoulder for a state dinner in Berlin.
The Duchess of Sussex is also an avid supporter of the British brand, with Stella as the designer behind her stunning halter neck wedding reception gown made of white silk crepe.
Meghan's 2018 wedding reception gown designed by Stella Mccartney
Rock singer Deborah Dyer (known by her stage name Skin) was also made an OBE for her services to music, whilst Peter Usborne – founder of Private Eye and Catherine Mallyon – executive director of the Royal Shakespeare Company, were also awarded CBE’s.
Like this story? Sign up to our Hello! Fashion newsletter to get your weekly 'Fashion Fix' delivered straight to your inbox.