Award-winning journalist and diversity advocate Dr. Ateh Jewel has a lot to be excited about this year.
A guiding voice in the beauty industry, she has joined the British Beauty Council’s advisory board, and is in the process of creating her own cosmetics line, including a much-anticipated foundation designed to seamlessly suit all Black skin tones.
Today, Jewel’s limited-edition Glow box launches on Space NK. The personally curated edit contains seven of her favourite products, designed to include all skin tones. It’s priced at £125, and contains over £240 worth of classic Space NK brands, from Votary to Chantecaille.
“I am so excited to have partnered with Space NK to create The Glow Box,” says Jewel. “This box is a curation of some of my favourite products to help you glow from the inside out – because everyone loves to glow!” Below, see all the details...
- Chantecaille Pure Rosewater. This pure spritz contains hand-harvested rose petals, distilled to keep all the soothing and hydrating benefits in tact. "It's literally the Rolls Royce of rose waters: super hydrating and good for all skin tones and types," says Jewel, who uses hers like a toner after cleansing, and for spritzing when she's at her desk.
- REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask. This glow-giving mask uses fruit acids to reveal brighter, fresher skin in just a few minutes. "I'm a huge REN fan and this is an amazing mask. I don't like using aggressive physical exfoliators on my skin, so instead I use a mask like this once or twice a week," says Jewel.
- Votary Facial Oil – Neroli and Myrrh. This pure oil blend is designed to balance combination skin while tackling dry patches and dullness. Jewel uses it every evening: "I take five drops – a little goes a long way – press it into my skin and do some deep breathing. It's a lovely time for a moment of meditation just to end the day."
- Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo and Conditioner. This cult shampoo and conditioner duo is loved for the way it deeply cleanses and smoothes hair without weighing it down. Jewel chose it because it works perfectly on all the different hair textures in her household, from loose curls to tighter coils.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed – Chocolate Geode. "A lot of highlighters for dark skin are like 24kt gold, quite garish...I love the fact that this is really elegant and looks great on a darker skin tone," says Jewel. This finely milled luminising powder imparts a rich, warm glow to skin, wherever you choose to apply it.
- By Terry Lash-Expert Twist Brush Mascara: Jewel loves a gadget, so this smart mascara was a clear winner. It contains two brushes in one: simply twist the dial to choose between length and volume.
- Fresh Sugar Hydrating Lip Balm – Blood Orange. This blood-orange lip balm hydrates and smoothes while imparting a flattering, glossy shine. According to Jewel it's "such a deep rich, colour that looks good on everyone."
Continuing the partnership, Space NK has also pledged to donate £10000 to Jewel’s forthcoming charitable foundation, which will support black students through higher education.
“I’ve always found beauty to be a healing safe space for me. I want to create a safe space for others and help move forward Black Lives Matter and real social justice by launching the Dr Ateh Jewel Foundation, to put more POC in the boardroom by helping them in further education. I am honoured that Space NK will be helping me launch the foundation with a generous donation, for a brighter and more beautiful future for us all. This box represents everything that I want to do, and I’m really proud.”
In need of some at-home inspiration? Sign up to our free weekly newsletter for skincare and self-care, the latest cultural hits to read and download, and the little luxuries that make staying in so much more satisfying.
You Might Also Like