“What is garlic bread quiche?”, you’re probably wondering, right? Well, it’s the hip new thing in Australia apparently. Well, it’s the hip new thing in this one Australian household anyway. It’s basically a lovely cheesy quiche, but instead of pastry, you use garlic bread slices! Wild, right?
A Slow Cooker Recipes And Tips Facebook group member recently shared photos of her concoction, along with a recipe, on social media. And people are going bonkers for it.
“We are smitten! Definitely a winner in my household, will definitely be making this again, and again and again! Nobody could get their seconds fast enough,” the cook wrote.
We can tell you’re intrigued, so here’s how to make slow cooker garlic bread quiche….
Slow cooker garlic bread ingredients:
- 2 garlic breads
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 large onion chopped finely
- 1/2 cup milk
- 500g chopped bacon pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
Slow cooker garlic bread quiche method:
- Line the slow cooker with baking paper
- Lay garlic bread on the bottom and up the sides
- Add a thin layer of bacon along the bottom to prevent the mixture leaking through
- Combine the eggs, onion, cheese, bacon and milk to form a mixture
- Pour the mixture into the centre of the slow cooker
- Bake for two and a half hours on high with a tea towel under the lid
- Once cooked remove from the slow cooked and allow the meal to cool for five minutes before serving
Thank you, Slow Cooker Recipes And Tips, once again for inspiring us with your wonderful recipes!
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.