The South Korean electronics giant announced its first foldable phone earlier this year, describing it as "the foundation of the smartphone of tomorrow".
Its launch was postponed after a number of reviewers of the $2,000 (£1,600) device reported broken screens after a short period of use.
In a statement published on Thursday, Samsung said all problems have now been addressed and the Galaxy Fold will go on sale in September.
"We've made improvements to Galaxy Fold to ensure consumers have the best possible experience," the statement read.
"Samsung has taken the time to fully evaluate the product design, make necessary improvements and run rigorous tests to validate the changes we made."
One of the main issues reviewers faced was with a protective layer, which some removed in the belief that it was a standard film that comes with most new smartphones.
In order to avoid confusion, Samsung said it extended the layer beyond the bezel, "making it apparent that it is an integral part of the display structure and not be removed".
Other changes to the design include additional reinforcements to the top and bottom of the hinge area, as well as reducing the space between the hinge and body of the Galaxy Fold.
Samsung is one of a number of smartphone makers planning to introduce folding phones to the market, with Huawei among its biggest competitors to announce its own entry to this new device category.
The Huawei Mate Flex was also delayed by the Chinese tech firm in an effort to avoid the same issues faced by Samsung.