Yahoo is committed to finding you the best products at the best prices. We may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page. Prices were correct at the time of publication.
Searching for some staycation inspiration?
We’ve done extensive research to hand-pick the best hotels around the UK and Ireland, from new options to firm favourites.
Whether you’re searching for a luxury overnight stay in London, a long weekend of rest and relaxation in Cornwall or city escape in Bristol - we’ve got every option covered.
From historic country house such as Ireland’s, Ballyfin Demesne, to the newest openings of contemporary favourites Artist Residence and The Pig - these are the hotels to bookmark this year.
1. Grantley Hall, Yorkshire | Book here
With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, this Grade II listed mansion house has been restored back to its original Palladian splendour with excellent fine-dining fare.
2. The Pig at Harlyn, Cornwall | Book here
Opening in June 2020, The Pig at Harlyn is near Constantine Bay, with 26 shabby-chic bedrooms and a conservatory restaurant.
3. Ballyfin Demesne, County Laois | Book here
At the foot of the Slieve Bloom Mountains, this is one of Ireland’s finest country houses, with superb service.
4. Artist Residence, Bristol | Book here
Housed inside a former boot factory and Georgian townhouse, this new 23-bedroom hotel features upcycled furniture and contemporary art.
5. Lock & Key, Liverpool | Book here
This boutique hotel on trendy Duke Street has 14 bijou rooms and a hip restaurant with exposed brick walls and velvet seats.
6. The Newt, Somerset | Book here
Opening in summer 2020, this 17-bedroom hotel is tipped to be the West Country’s answer to Soho Farmhouse.
7. Hotel 41, London | Book here
Overlooking the Royal Mews, the 5* Hotel 41 has been voted the UK’s top hotel for the past three years (TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards).
8. The Harper, Norfolk | Book here
This newbie has 31 minimalist bedrooms, a pool, sauna and restaurant serving foraged food.
9. Chewton Glen, Hampshire | Book here
This firm favourite has scooped numerous awards including hotel of the year (AA Hospitality Awards 2019). New additions include eco-friendly tree house suites.
10. The Gleneagles Hotel, Perth and Kinross | Book here
This award-winning, 5* hotel features Scotland’s only two-Michelin-starred restaurant, Andrew Fairlie, and offers activities from falconry to archery.
11. The Fitzwilliam, Belfast | Book here
Nicknamed The Fitz, this 5* hotel boasts some of the best views of Belfast with floor-to-ceiling windows.
12. The Grove, Pembrokeshire | Book here
With just 14 rooms, this luxury country house hotel has incredible views and was voted the best hotel in Wales (AA Hospitality Awards 2019).
13. Congham Hall, Norfolk | Book here
This gorgeous spa hotel is tucked away in 30 acres of countryside and has an outdoor hot tub, steam room, footbaths and two saunas.
14. The Fife Arms, Aberdeenshire | Book here
Named hotel of the year by The Sunday Times (2019), this former coaching inn has been brought up to scratch with opulent bedrooms and antler chandeliers.
15. Mollie’s Motel & Diner, Oxfordshire | Book here
Nick Jones of Soho House has reinvented the roadside motel with fun, retro-chic interiors and an American-style bar.
16. Baraset Barn, Warwickshire | Book here
This restaurant with rooms has a stylish bar and lounge, a conservatory, a terrace with a firepit and a country-casual vibe.
17. Chapel House, Cornwall | Book here
This boutique town house hotel in Penzance is near the sea and owner Susan Stuart serves a mean avocado on toast.
18. Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, Oxfordshire | Book here
Raymond Blanc has held two Michelin stars at this 15th-century manor for 35 years. Come to feast and learn to cook.
19. The Samling, Cumbria | Book here
This 12-bedroom country house is a gourmet foodie destination in the heart of the Lake District, overlooking majestic Windermere.
20. The Salutation, Kent | Book here
Set in gorgeous gardens in Sandwich, The Salutation has three dining rooms including a Tasting Room where you can watch chefs at work.
21. Gara Rock, Devon | Book here
Couched in a cliff near Salcombe, Gara Rock is a relaxed coastal retreat, offering luxurious rooms and suites, fabulous food and spectacular sea views.
22. The Hardwick, Monmouthshire | Book here
This restaurant with rooms offers local, no-nonsense dishes and eight bedrooms with walk-in showers and Melin Tregwynt blankets.
23. Stargazy Inn, Cornwall | Book here
This newly spruced-up Victorian villa in Port Isaac has nine cosy rooms and a sea view restaurant.
24. Native, Manchester | Book here
Located near Piccadilly station, this grade II listed converted Victorian warehouse has vaulted brick arches, a buzzing bar and stylish self-catering rooms.
25. The Royston, Powys | Book here
Expect contemporary rooms with brightly-coloured furniture, firepits and homemade dinners at this new seven-room guesthouse in Llanbrynmair.
26. Denbies, Surrey | Book here
This vineyard has just opened 17 guest rooms. The restaurant is bathed in afternoon sun and serves pork belly and pan roasted hake.
27. University Arms, Cambridge | Book here
The 192 rooms at this relaunched luxury hotel are painted different shades of Cambridge blue, with suites named after famous Cambridge alumni, such as Stephen Hawking.
28. Salthouse Harbour Hotel, Suffolk | Book here
This contemporary bijou hotel is set on the Ipswich waterfront, with the best rooms featuring roll top baths and windows overlooking the moorings.
29. The Hoxton, London | Book here
Located in Southwark, The Hoxton has a spectacular bar and roof garden with city views and 192 rooms with king-sized beds.
30. The Inchydoney Lodge & Spa, County Cork | Book here
With a prime location overlooking the Atlantic, this hotel has excellent cuisine, ocean-facing balconies and a wonderful spa.
31. The Rectory Hotel, Wiltshire | Book here
Located near Malmesbury, The Rectory Hotel has 15 effortlessly cool rooms for a frill-free Cotswolds country house escape.
32. The Swan, Berkshire | Book here
This riverside hotel is great value with comfortable rooms and a restaurant offering great food with a terrace.