Mum of a four-week-old Molly Landis has recently written an important message for mums following a frightening accident with a stove.
Landis often carries her baby in a wrap carrier to free up her hands while in the kitchen, but on a particular day, the little one fell asleep in her swing and didn’t accompany her to do some cooking.
The stove burner then exploded, causing burns to Landis’ face and chest – just where her baby’s head would have normally been.
Posting a distressing image of her burns to Facebook, Landis warned her fellow parents of the dangers of cooking while carrying a baby.
“I don’t normally post this kind of stuff or personal information but after sharing this story with close friends I am urged to share this story,” she wrote last Thursday.
“On Tuesday I was involved in an accident where my stove burner exploded and sent a fire ball to my face, neck and chest. This caused open wounds and burns to my face and chest.”
She then expressed how lucky she felt that she hadn’t been carrying her four-week-old at the time, and felt that a “guardian angel” must have been watching over her.
“As a new mom I often wear my sweet 4 [sic] week old in my wrap carrier (we know we all love being hands free especially with a needy babe).
“On this particular night a guardian angel was watching over me and my baby bc for the first time in her life she fell asleep in her swing and I wasn’t wearing her while I was in the kitchen.
“The worst of my burns is to my chest- exactly where her precious little head would have been laying if she were in her carrier.”
Finally, she urged parents to be “cautious” of the activities they do while wearing their babies, as so many mums have told her they do exactly the same thing.
“We never think it could happen to us and I never thought it would happen to me. So grateful she wasn’t near the explosion,” she said.
Have you ever come into trouble while carrying your baby? Tweet us at @YahooStyleUK.