'Mortal Kombat' Red Band Trailer
Inspired by the blockbuster video game franchise, "Mortal Kombat" stars Lewis Tan ("Deadpool 2," Netflix's "Wu Assassins") as Cole Young; Jessica McNamee ("The Meg") as Sonya Blade; Josh Lawson ("Bombshell") as Kano; and Hiroyuki Sanada ("Skyscraper") as Hanzo Hasashi and Scorpion.
"Mortal Kombat" marks Simon McQuoid's feature directorial debut. It was produced by James Wan ("The Conjuring" universe films, "Aquaman,"), Todd Garner ("Into the Storm," "Tag"), McQuoid and E. Bennett Walsh ("Men in Black: International," "The Amazing Spider-Man 2").
- First learned about this seven years ago, on a mission in Brazil to capture a wanted fugitive. When we got there, it tore through our unit in seconds. The target had superhuman abilities. It had the same marking you do, Cole.
- It's a birthmark.
- What'd you mean?
- He was born with it.
- It's not a birthmark, Cole. Means you've been chosen.
- Throughout history, different cultures all over the world reference a great tournament of champions. That dragon marking, I think it's an invitation to fight for something known as Mortal Kombat.
- These are your champions?
- I'm Sonya.
- That's Kano.
- I'm Liu Kang.
- Name's Jaxx.
- The fate of Earth is in our hands. No matter how many of my people you put in the ground, we will not fail. Kill them.
- I am Sub-Zero.
- Get over here.
- Finish them.
- Kano wins. You fucking beauty.