Mark Wright given all-clear after having tumour removed

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·2-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Mark Wright
    English footballer and television personality

Mark Wright has vowed to keep fit after he was given the all-clear following an operation to remove a tumour from his armpit.

The former The Only Way Is Essex star, 34, announced his joy at being cancer-free on Tuesday. He revealed he had been given the all-clear after having the benign tumour, which doctors feared would turn cancerous, removed earlier this month.

"I got the news the other day that it is all clear, it's cancer free. It was a terribly worrying time, but that's done it's in the past, we move on," he said in an Instagram video of himself going on a fitness walk for the first time since his health scare.

"I've had the worry and the anxiety about what this could have been, and just staying in and recovering just leaving me feeling a little bit low and not very motivated."

In the caption, he added, "I'm not gonna lie though it really gave me and my family a scare and it's made me even more passionate about keeping as fit and healthy as possible & hopefully trying to help as many of you to do the same too."

He went on to share that he learned a lot about how to eat and live well when you can't do strenuous exercise. He intends to incorporate these insights into his relaunched Live Wright fitness app.

Mark, who is married to actress Michelle Keegan, had previously revealed that he sought a second opinion after becoming concerned about the tumour due to its size. He was told it was a lipoma - a benign tumour - but due to its 12-centimetre girth, his doctor ordered for its removal in case it turned into a malignant sarcoma.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting