Katie Price's fiancé Carl Woods breaks silence following alleged assault

·1-min read

Katie Price's fiancé Carl Woods has broken his silence to deny hurting her after she was hospitalised last month following an alleged assault.

The 43-year-old former glamour model sustained facial injuries following the incident at her home and a 32-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault, theft, and coercive and controlling behaviour. The suspect was bailed until 20 September, according to a police spokesperson.

Carl, 32, addressed social media speculation about the arrest on his Instagram page on Tuesday, claiming he had received "shocking abuse" and denying he had hurt his fiancée.

He wrote: "I have remained quiet until now due to the investigation being carried out by police, however I have found it so difficult to keep quiet on social media due to the speculation and shocking abuse that I have received. I have never and never would do anything to hurt Katie. The truth will be told."

Police officers were called out to Katie’s property in Essex after the alleged incident and subsequently requested paramedics.

In a statement made at the time, an Essex Police spokesperson said: "We were called by colleagues in the ambulance service to reports of an assault in Little Canfield, shortly after 1.30am this morning, Monday 23 August.

"We arrived and found a woman had sustained a facial injury which required hospital treatment. A 32-year-old man was arrested a short time later on suspicion of assault."

Speaking to The Sun about the incident, Katie said: "I've got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital. I'm still all dazed. I'm devastated. I've told police that I was assaulted, and am in shock that this happened..."

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting