Fitness instructor Katie Austin is in the process of planning for her May wedding to partner Lane Armstrong. Thankfully, when it comes to ironing out all of the details, she has a lot of experience to draw from.
In the last two-and-a-half years, she and her fiancé have attended a total of 29 weddings together. All of the experiences have allowed Austin to cultivate a list of must-have details for her own wedding day, which will make the experience seamless and memorable for her, Armstrong and their guests.
The social media personality developed the following 10 suggestions over the years as she attended each wedding and noted the details she enjoyed and those she thought needed improvement. Her list is as follows:
1. If the cocktail hour is longer than an hour, it should include food.
2. The bride and groom should be on a pedestal of some kind, so that all guests can see them.
3. Have a dance party before everyone sits down to dinner “to get the energy and vibes going.”
4. Give each guest an espresso martini shooter between dinner and dancing.
5. Have a drink option that is less sugary.
6. Try your best to feed guests enough food.
7. Customize cute napkins with a fun fact about the bride and groom.
8. Don’t take too long changing outfits between the ceremony and dinner.
9. During dinner, take a moment to step away with your new spouse and take in the crowd and the moment.
10. Have a grab-and-go option at the bar, so that the line doesn’t get too long.
These are simply her preferences, Austin reminded her followers in the TikTok video where she shared her ideas. Thus, if you feel differently, that’s O.K. But if you’re thinking through your own big day, her advice is certainly worth considering.