Kate Middleton has been 'out and about with family' as Palace 'flooded' with letters from well-wishers


The Princess of Wales has reportedly been enjoying days "out and about" with her family in recent weeks as she continues to undergo treatment for cancer.

According to the Daily Mail, the news about the princess venturing out has been viewed as a positive sign and comes as palace officials have said they have been inundated with "tens of thousands'" of get-well-soon cards after her cancer diagnosis.

Back in March, the princess appeared in an emotional video and confirmed that she would be beginning preventative chemotherapy. The update came after she underwent planned abdominal surgery at the London Clinic in January.

The Princess of Wales has reportedly been enjoying trips out with her family amid her cancer treatment
The Princess of Wales has reportedly been enjoying trips out with her family amid her cancer treatment -Credit:2023 Getty Images

After the Prince of Wales was joined by Prince George to watch the FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium, it has been reported that the Princess of Wales has been "out and about" recently with her young family. Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis are currently on their half-term break from Lambrook School and are set to return to the classroom on Monday, 3 June.

The update about Kate comes as a source told the Daily Mail that the palace has been inundated with heartfelt letters wishing the princess well. According to the paper, the palace's correspondence team is now said to have been "so touched" by the love and affection shown to Kate throughout her cancer battle.

kate
The Princess of Wales has reportedly been enjoying time "out and about" with her family -Credit:Getty

At the time that the princess announced her cancer diagnosis, she appeared in a solo emotional video and made it clear that she only made the news public after her three children were off school and had as good of an understanding of what was happening as possible.

As she delivered her message, the princess said: "In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present.

My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment. This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family."

Princess of Wales cancer announcement
The Princess of Wales spoke openly about her cancer diagnosis -Credit:PA Media

After explaining how she and William were protecting George, Charlotte and Louis, the princess concluded: "We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment.

"My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery.

"At this time, I am also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone."