Justin Bieber has denied an allegation of sexual assault in a series of tweets, calling the claim 'factually impossible'.
On June 20, a Twitter account (which has now been deleted) claiming to be from an anonymous woman called Danielle surfaced, alleging that she was sexually assaulted by Bieber in 2014 after she attended one of his performances in Austin, Texas.
According to The Guardian, the tweets claimed that, after the show, she and her friends were invited to Bieber's hotel room 'at the Four Season's' where Bieber then took her into a separate room and assaulted her.
After his representatives told Pop Crave that the story was false, Bieber himself responded on Twitter saying he had been quiet while he 'gathered the facts', considered his statement and spoke to his wife Hailey Bieber and team.
Rumors are rumors but sexual abuse is something I don’t take lightly. I wanted to speak out right away but out of respect to so many victims who deal with these issues daily I wanted to make sure I gathered the facts before I made any statement.— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) June 22, 2020
The 26-year-old said he had 'dealt with random accusations' throughout his career but wanted to 'speak up' about this latest claim.
Addressing the 2014 claim from Austin, Texas, Bieber said: 'I want to be clear, there is no truth to this story. In fact, as I will soon show I was never present at that location.'
Bieber then shared a newspaper article from the time, which said that his then girlfriend Selena Gomez was also at the SXSW concert with him.
As her story told I did surprise a crowd in Austin at Sxsw where I appeared on stage with my then assistant side stage and sang a few songs. What this person did not know was that I attended that show with my then gf Selena Gomez— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) June 22, 2020
The singer disputed that he ever stayed at the Four Seasons hotel in the city, and presented booking confirmations for an Airbnb - where he says he stayed with Gomez and their friends - and then the Westin hotel which he says he booked under his former alias, Mike Lowery.
We have also confirmed with the Four Seasons regional manager that I was never on property on the 9th of March 2014 and never a guest on the 9th or the 10th and I welcome all press to inquire with them if needed or wanted.— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) June 22, 2020
Bieber signed off to say he would be taking legal action against the claim and also working with Twitter - where the claim first appeared.
'Every claim of sexual abuse should be taken very seriously and this is why my response was needed,' Bieber wrote. 'However this story is factually impossible and that is why I will be working with twitter and authorities to take legal action.'
You Might Also Like