Jo O’Meara has told how she was addicted to playing fruit machines when she was in S Club 7.The singer, 43, opened up about her gambling problem on ITV’s Lorraine, revealing when she used to travel with the group she often sought out machines to play.It was a “bit of escapism” for her, she said.
- The Twitter has gone crazy. People want to see you back with S Club 7.
JO O'MEARA: I know.
- Is it ever going to happen?
JO O'MEARA: Do you know, I don't know. I really, really don't know. I think if--
JO O'MEARA: If it ever was to happen, I would definitely be up for--
- Oh, you should.
JO O'MEARA: --doing it.
- Even if it was just a one-off.
JO O'MEARA: I'm ready to reach for the stars. But it's just a case of getting seven bodies physically--
- Oh, I know.
JO O'MEARA: --in the same room.
- To get them all together?
JO O'MEARA: We're all so busy. You know, everyone's so busy. And it's-- it's pretty full-on when it's S Club 7.
- It shouldn't. Could we maybe do a one-off concert for dogs, for the Canine Angels?
JO O'MEARA: Oh, see, now, that's like blackmail, right?