- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Ever since Jack Maynard’s hasty departure from the I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! jungle on Tuesday night, viewers have been wondering what exactly led to the 23 year old being removed from the jungle.
There was speculation that his old tweets, which saw the YouTuber use racist and homophobic slurs, had rattled producers, however, there was also word of “inappropriate messages”.
Now it has been revealed that Jack was axed from the ITV reality show after messages that he had sent to a 14-year-old girl came to light.
The messages, which Jack allegedly sent when he was 17 years old, apparently saw the vlogger compliment the young teen’s breasts.
The Mirror report that the messages were sent from Jack’s now-deleted Facebook account in December 2011, with one message that was obtained by the publication reading: “Your boobs are so nice! Would look good in a bra shot! Ever taken one?”
When the girl replies: “Boys and their way of not knowing what no means”, Jack hits back with: “You’re a bore.”
Jack, who is singer Conor Maynard’s younger brother, also insults the girl when she says: “I don’t know you, you’re like a guy’s brother of YouTube.”
Jack retorts: “Who the f*** even are you? You’re an ugly freak.”
There is no implication in the messages that Jack knew that the girl was only 14.
The woman, who is now 20 years old, told the paper: “I think it was just a rookie error for him, he was very immature then. Very rude, but I don’t know what he’s like nowadays.
“I don’t think he was aware I was younger than him at all. He was just a bit of a d***head back then.
“I looked up to Jack as a role model and I found his persistence annoying. But I saw it as relatively harmless flirting given the small age gap.
“The thing that most upset me about the messages was when he turned on me – I didn’t see any need for that at all.”
The woman also insisted that she didn’t feel “harassed” by Jack and that the incident didn’t “harm” her in any way, adding to The Sun: “I can not stress enough that the messages were harmless.”
Jack’s agent made the decision to pull him from I’m A Celeb earlier this week, with a spokesperson for the star saying in a statement: “In the last few days Jack has been the subject of a succession of media stories which, given his position as a contestant on ‘I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here’ – filmed in the Australian jungle, with no contact with the outside world, he has been unable to respond to.
“Since it is only fair that everyone should be aware of any allegations made against them and should also have the right to defend themselves, it was agreed that it would be better to bring him out of the show.
“Jack agrees with this decision which was made by his representatives and ITV and thanks everyone who has supported him in the show this far.”
Jack is yet to publicly comment on his high-profile exit from the show.