IKEA has announced the launch of its first ever 24-hour global festival celebrating life at home.
On Thursday 16th September, the inaugural virtual IKEA Festival will offer customers the chance to tune into musical performances, cooking demonstrations, home makeovers, and a host of celebrity house tours from the comfort of their sofa.
Free to attend, the one-day festival will take place in over 100 homes in more than 50 countries around the world. Whether you're on the hunt for no-waste recipes or a preview of IKEA's new gaming range, the one-day event has something for everyone.
But that's not all: there will also be heaps of special appearances throughout the day, including chefs The Pasta Queen and Paul Svensson, musicians MØ and Kanis, and house tours with Off-White's Virgil Abloh.
The festival will have a handful of virtual rooms for customers to freely explore on the IKEA website. These include:
• My Home Turf — Artists including MØ, Kanis, Niki and Masego will show viewers their cities, neighbourhoods and communities.
• Home Concerts — Musicians around the world will turn their homes into a stage. Make sure not to miss out.
• Home Cooking — Looking for some dinner inspiration? Chefs such as Pasta Queen and Paul Svensson will cook up delicious meals for you to try at home.
• DJ Relay — DJs including Kaytranada, Loraine James and Zuli will provide a marathon of club music.
• Home Visits — Take a peek inside the home of Virgil Abloh and Ilse Crawford (and leave with plenty of decor inspiration).
• IKEA Museum – Longtime IKEA fans will love this room, which allows you to explore everything that has made and shaped the Swedish retailer.
• IKEA News — Meet IKEA co-workers and collaborators from all over the world, including former collaboration partner Virgil Abloh.
• Home Makeovers — From storage tips to how to design a functional kitchen, the Home Makeovers room is certainly worth scrolling through.
• Kitchen Talks — Join a conversation about the joys and frustrations that make up everyday life at home. IKEA co-workers meet with profiles like surfer Kassia Meador, astronaut Christer Fuglesang and adventurer Renata Chlumska.
'The IKEA Festival is a new kind of experience we want to bring to customers around the world – celebrating, connecting, and engaging with life at home,' says Rosheen Forbes, Commercial Activities and Events Leader at IKEA UK & Ireland.
'By opening the homes of some of the world's artists, designers, DJs and chefs, we hope this gives new inspiration for how we use and spend time in our most intimate spaces. We want the festival to spark a conversation on how to live a more sustainable and affordable life at home, as well as a few surprises along the way.'
If you'd rather celebrate the festival in person, IKEA stores across the UK will also be hosting a number of events for all to enjoy from the 16th – 19th September. For more information about the festival and to tune in online, head over to the IKEA website.
Follow House Beautiful on Instagram.
You Might Also Like