For only the second time since mid-June, Suits is not the No. 1 title in Nielsen’s streaming rankings.
That honor belongs to Netflix’s The Fall of the House of Usher, which snagged the top spot for the week of Oct. 9-15. Writer-director Mike Flanagan’s spin on the titular Edgar Allan Poe story (and several others by the author) drew 1.23 billion minutes of viewing, edging out the 1.13 billion for Suits.
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The latter series continued its months-long run above the billion-minute mark, however, and has now compiled almost 44.4 billion minutes (about 739.8 million hours) of viewing on Netflix and Peacock since it first hit the rankings in June. Nielsen notes that viewing of Suits’ ninth and final season, which is only available on Peacock, accounted for 6 percent of the weekly tally (about 67.6 million minutes) — the highest percentage for those episodes since the other eight seasons debuted on Netflix.
Netflix’s Love Is Blind finished second in the original series rankings, with 726 million minutes of viewing. Loki improved by 32 percent week-to-week (446 million to 588 million minutes) with the release of season two’s second episode on Disney+. While that’s still well below where the Marvel show’s first season was after two episodes, the bump is a positive sign for the series.
Another Disney+ show, Goosebumps, entered the rankings with the first five episodes of a new spin on R.L. Stine’s beloved book series. The series, which also streams on Hulu, racked up 553 million minutes of viewing over its first three days (it premiered Oct. 13). The Great British Baking Show (452 million minutes) also rejoined the top 10 with the premiere of a new season on Netflix.
Prime Video’s movie The Burial, starring Jamie Foxx and Tommy Lee Jones, had a decent opening week, with 637 million minutes of watch time, equivalent to a little over 5 million full showings of the 126-minute film. It finished second among movies, just behind The Haunted Mansion (656 million minutes) on Disney+.
Nielsen’s streaming ratings cover viewing on TV sets only and don’t include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. The ratings only measure U.S. audiences, not those in other countries. The top streaming titles for Oct. 9-15 are below.
1. The Fall of the House of Usher (Netflix), 1.23 billion minutes viewed
2. Suits (Netflix/Peacock), 1.13 billion
3. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 872 million
4. Bluey (Disney+), 781 million
5. Love Is Blind (Netflix), 726 million
6. NCIS (Netflix/Paramount+), 688 million
7. The Haunted Mansion (Disney+), 656 million
8. The Burial (Prime Video), 637 million
9. Lupin (Netflix), 635 million
10. Cocomelon (Netflix), 604 million
1. The Fall of the House of Usher, 1.23 billion minutes
2. Love Is Blind, 726 million
3. Lupin, 635 million
4. Loki (Disney+), 588 million
5. Beckham (Netflix), 490 million
6. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), 452 million
7. Virgin River (Netflix), 418 million
8. Pact of Silence (Netflix), 297 million
9. Gen V (Prime Video), 290 million
10. Sex Education (Netflix), 289 million
1. Suits, 1.12 billion minutes
2. Grey’s Anatomy, 872 million
3. Bluey, 781 million
4. NCIS, 688 million
5. Cocomelon, 604 million
6. Gilmore Girls, 595 million
7. Goosebumps (Disney+/Hulu), 553 million
8. Shameless (Netflix), 496 million
9. Heartland (Hulu/Netflix/Peacock), 495 million
10. The Simpsons (Disney+), 447 million
1. The Haunted Mansion, 656 million
2. The Burial, 637 million
3. Elemental (Disney+), 540 million
4. Reptile (Netflix), 519 million
5. American Made (Netflix), 442 million
6. Casper (Netflix), 328 million
7. Ma (Netflix), 297 million
8. The Nightmare Before Christmas (Disney+), 280 million
9. Nowhere (Netflix), 226 million
10. Fair Play (Netflix), 216 million
Best of The Hollywood Reporter