Home comforts: The foods that British expats are most likely to get shipped over
Baked Beans, crumpets, Jaffa Cakes and squash are among the foods that British expats living abroad are most likely to get shipped over.
New figures from online supermarket British Corner Shop show the foods that Brits who have decamped to another country can’t do without.
Brits living in the U.S. are likely to ship in Cadbury’s chocolate, whereas UK natives in Australia are ordering over crisps and cereal. Expats in Spain are buying gingernut biscuits and Bisto gravy granules.
A spokesperson said: “Moving abroad to sunnier climates or more exotic scenery makes sense for thousands of Brits every year, and many take the plunge and up sticks.
“Though regardless of the exciting new life you find in a new country, it can be hard to let go of those familiar home comfort which may not grace the shelve of your new local supermarket.
“Weirdly, many of our expats have baby milk on their minds, as well as the odd Brit-centric snacks and treats we seem to have a taste for here, like Frazzles, Jaffa Cakes and a good buttery crumpet.
“It gives an interesting insight into the diet of the typical Brit, who when taken out of their natural habitat still craves Heinz baked beans, Robinsons squash and McVities gingernuts.”
Most popular foods for U.S. expats
1. Heinz Baked Beans in tomato Sauce
2. Warburtons Crumpets 6 pack
3. Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant Squash
4. McVities Jaffa Cakes 10 pack
5. Robinsons Orange Squash
6. Milupa Aptamil Follow On Milk Ready to Drink
7. Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup
8. Cadburys Flake 4 pack
9. Cadburys Crunchie 4 pack
10. Bisto Gravy Granules
Most popular foods for expats in Spain
1. Warburtons Crumpets 6 pack
2. McVities Ginger Nuts
3. Robinsons Orange Squash
4. Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant Squash
5. Milupa Aptamil Follow On Milk Ready to Drink
6. Milupa Aptamil First Milk Ready to Drink
7. Bisto Gravy Granule
8. Paxo Sage and Onion Stuffing Mix
9. Rubicon Sparkling Lychee Juice Drink
10. Robinsons Squash’d Summer Fruits
Most popular foods for expats in Australia
1. Heinz Baked Beans
2. Milupa Aptamil First Milk Ready to Drink
3. Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps 6 Pack
4. Smiths Bacon Fries
5. Smiths Scampi Fries
6. Walkers Frazzles 8 pack
7. Nestle Shreddies
8. Mr Porky Prime Cut Scratchings Single Bag
9. Heinz Oxtail Soup
10. Walkers Prawn Cocktail Crisps 6 pack