• In a new Instagram post, Dr. Pimple Popper extracts a large blackhead from deep inside a man's ear.
• Blackheads are dark cysts that appear when pores become clogged with dead skin cells and sebum.
• Squeezing or scrubbing blackheads—unless you're under the care of a dermatologist like Dr. Lee—can actually just make them worse.
Discovering a blackhead isn't usually something that makes your morning brighter—unless, that is, you happen to be a fan of Dr. Pimple Popper's YouTube and Instagram videos. As the doctor puts it in the caption of her most recent Instagram post: "How’s your weekend going? If blackheads make your day better, EAR ya go! 👉🏼❤️👈🏼"
In the new Instagram video, Dr. Pimple Popper—aka, dermatologist and TLC host Dr. Sandra Lee, MD—extracts one giant-sized blackhead from deep inside of a man's ear.
"Look at that," she says. "Oh, my god," he responds. She then—jokingly, we hope—asks if the patient wants to keep it, to which he emphatically responds that he would not.
Blackheads, if you're unaware, tend to form when pores become clogged with dead skin cells or sebum, a yellow, oily substance that helps lubricate your skin and nails, according to MedicalNewsToday. It turns black because it undergoes the process of oxidization when exposed to the air—not because it's literally dirt, as some people tend to think.
Despite the impression that Dr. Pimple Popper's videos might give you, however, it's best not to scrub or pop blackheads. Instead, use a gentle cleanser with salicylic acid, or simply wait it out—given time, they sometimes go away on their own.
('You Might Also Like',)
- The 23 Best Foods to Build Muscle
- 10 of the Best Waterproof Boots to Buy in 2019
- 6 Ways to Improve Your Mental Health