Have a hard time waking up? Simply toss one of these shower bombs in your shower and enjoy the enveloping smells that help start your day on a high note. Made with vibrant-smelling essential oils combined with baking soda, the shower bombs elevate mornings to a whole new level. Plus, a collection of these homemade shower bombs would also make a great gift for someone you love.
What You Need:
- Small mixing bowl
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 30 drops orange essential oil
- 30 drops lavender essential oil
- 30 drops lemongrass essential oil
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Silicone mold
- Mix together the baking soda, citric acid, and cornstarch in a small mixing bowl, breaking up any lumps. The baking soda and cornstarch help hold together the bombs, while the citric acid gives the refreshers a bit of fizz.
- Slowly add the essential oils, and mix. Orange is a great scent that calms while refreshing. Lavender rejuvenates along with the lemongrass. Give the mixture a spritz of water, and then stir. Continue spritzing and stirring until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Now press into silicone molds, and let set until dry, which can take up to eight hours. Carefully pop out of molds.
- The next time you need a bit of rejuvenation, toss a shower bomb in the bottom of your shower and enjoy the wonderful scent. You can even add to a bath for an invigorating soak.