On Friday, The Hollywood Reporter published an interview with Kanye West and none other than his interior designer, Axel Vervoordt. The resulting conversation is... astounding. Confusing. Enlightening. Mind-boggling. We picked out the most bizarre things West said, so you can decide for yourself.
1. 'I don’t wish to be number one anymore, I wish to be water.'
This is in the teaser of the article - the context is not clear.
2. 'This is kind of a little secret weapon that I've had on the world: I've actually got a Ph.D. from the Art Institute of Chicago.'
That's Doctor Kanye West.
3. 'I don't usually watch normal TV. I liked watching the Olympics. (Laughs.) I do try to watch documentaries. And there's a Wes Anderson movie [Isle of Dogs] that's out right now that I'm definitely going to try to catch.'
Who knew West was into animated Wes Anderson films about talking dogs?
4. 'The future is here now, the past is here now. There's certain people that you meet and you say, 'Oh, you're from the future.''
The only person that seems to fit this description is admittedly Jaden Smith.
5. 'I'm writing a philosophy book right now called Break the Simulation.'
Yep, Yeezy is writing a book. He goes on to say, 'And I've got this philosophy - or let's say it's just a concept because sometimes philosophy sounds too heavy-handed. I've got a concept about photographs, and I'm on the fence about photographs - about human beings being obsessed with photographs - because it takes you out of the now and transports you into the past or transports you into the future.'
6. 'A designer told me that my wife was a master of light and I was a master of time. How to use time is equal to being someone who can cut a diamond.'
Perhaps master of light = master of selfies, so the Kim Kardashian bit checks out. Not sure about the diamonds, though.
7. 'I feel like Stephen Hawking. He changed his ideas and his theories all the time.'
He then said, 'After proving something right, he proved something wrong, right? Because there is no wrong or right, it's bipolarity, it is both sides.' Vervoordt then said the only thing you can say in a situation like this: 'Exactly.'
8. 'I'm sorry to be heavy-handed. I'm only 4 years old.'
Huh. If only West was here to explain with an ambiguous-but-maybe-brilliant-I-just-cant-tell monologue.
You Might Also Like