Child actor Julia Butters brought a turkey sandwich to the Oscars

Megan Sutton
Photo credit: Jeff Kravitz - Getty Images

From Good Housekeeping

The Oscars is a notoriously lengthy awards ceremony, often running longer than its three-hour time slot, so it's little wonder guests sometimes look to snacks to get them through.

While there isn't any food served at the Oscars itself, vegan options were served in the lobby prior to the awards. The menu at the post-ceremony Governors Ball was 70% vegan, with the remaining 30% made up of vegetarian, fish and meat dishes

Of course, stars do sometimes take it upon themselves to bring an extra snack to the proceedings. In 2014, Ellen DeGeneres had pizzas delivered for the Hollywood guests and we saw stars including Jennifer Lawrence tucking in in their glamorous attire.

Photo credit: Kevin Winter - Getty Images

This year, it was ten-year-old child star Julia Butters who needed a little extra sustenance.

The Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood breakout star walked the red carpet prior to the ceremony and revealed that her sparkly pink bag was holding a turkey sandwich.

“Sometimes the food here is not for me. Let’s just say that,” she said.

When asked if her mum made had made the snack, Butters said: “It’s a collab.”

Julia was attending the ceremony thanks to her part in Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood. The movie was nominated for best picture but lost out to history-making Parasite, which was the first film not in the English language to win the award.

One of the film's stars, Brad Pitt, did scoop an award, though. He took home the best supporting actor award - his first acting award from the Oscars.

Photo credit: Kevin Winter - Getty Images

“This is for my kids, who colour everything I do,” he said when accepting the prize. “I adore you.”

Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.

SIGN UP

Photo credit: Hearst Owned

You Might Also Like