Today, Chanel took over Paris' Grand Palais for its Fall 2017 couture show. From the Parisian-inspired set to Karl Lagerfeld receiving a very special honor, here's everything to know from the show.
1) The set was inspired by the iconic fashion house's home-base: Paris. Models walked underneath a giant Eiffel Tower replica that was created to overarch the runway.
2) The front row was especially star-studded this season. Attendees included Pharrell Williams, Julianne Moore, Tilda Swinton, Katy Perry, Tracee Ellis Ross, Rowan Blanchard, Cara Delevingne, Kristen Stewart and more.
3) Every look was topped off with a boater hat. Karl Lagerfeld is bringing the early 20th century hat back. The accessory was presented in a variety of tweeds, satin and leather.
4) The collection itself featured a somber color palette of grays and blacks. The first 25 looks were all variations of gray, later leading to head-to-toe black ensembles and a gorgeous Chanel bride in all-white for the finale. Much like the hats, the designs were a nod to the elegance of an early 20th century woman.
[image">https://www.instagram.com/p/BWHpdh9AKUl[/instagram... id="342362" align="C" size="M" share="true" caption="" expand="true"]
5) But the makeup was a technicolor dream. Every model's look featured an over-the-top rainbow eyeshadow, a bright and welcome contrast to the dark-hued collection.
6) At the end of the show, Karl Lagerfeld received the highest honor of Paris. The city's mayor Anne Hidalgo presented the designer with a Grand Vermeil medal, the highest distinction the city offers, for his work in the French capital.
[image">https://www.instagram.com/p/BWH3xfCnnr2[/instagram... id="342366" align="C" size="M" share="true" caption="" expand="true"]
You Might Also Like