Everybody knows that marriage takes work and life isn’t one big Disney happily ever after.
Women don’t all have perfect hair and beautiful singing voices and men can’t all be impossibly handsome princes with pimped out palaces.
Investing time into your partnership doesn’t always mean huge sweeping gestures, according to relationship charity OnePlusOne.
The Department of Education has invested £45,000 in an initiative to “encourage couples to take proactive steps to strengthen their relationship from the start” in the form of love nuggets.
Little, every day gestures can be the difference between being happily married and heading for divorce – like giving foot rubs or dressing to impress.
Okay, finding love notes around the house is cute but it’ll take a bit more than that to make us delete Tinder, retire our Rabbits and settle down.
Here are some love nuggets that we’re pretty sure means we’ve found the one:
1. Someone who'll come to Primark with us. On a Saturday. During the summer holidays. That place can get ugly and we’re definitely not at our best when elbowing a woman out of the way to get to the last floral crop top.
2. Someone who knows not to talk through Great British Bake Off.
3. Someone who will get us hooked on a TV series but promises not to watch ahead, even though they have Netflix on their phone and an hour commute on the train every morning.
4. Someone who will ask for seconds of that roast dinner you spent three hours cooking only to burn the roast potatoes, undercook the carrots and make lumpy gravy.
5. Someone who will bring us Nandos in bed when we’re hungover.
6. Someone who will give you a foot rub even though your feet make a hobbit look well-groomed.
7. Someone who puts the new Ella Henderson song on repeat for you without asking.
8. Someone who understands that it’s okay to order a burger, fries, onion rings AND macaroni cheese. And a milkshake.
9. Someone who will order us one of those personalised Coke bottles because our name is apparently too unusual to be put on ANYTHING.
10. Someone with the ability to put a glass of our favourite wine in our hands within five seconds on any given day.
11. Someone who can do a French plait like Chris Pratt.
12. Someone who read Fifty Shades of Grey just to pick up pointers.
13. Someone who will not judge us based on our favourite film (Crossroads, FYI).
[Dating blog: Lawyer seeks Kitten...]
[13 love myths debunked]