It's National Fish and Chips Day!
To celebrate, here at Yahoo HQ we put our many brains together to come up with a list of our favourite chip shops across the British Isles.
The criteria were far from rigid - we all simply picked the best fish and chips we'd ever had. Bonus points were given for exemplary mushy peas, tea in polystyrene cups and the wonder that is Scraps.
We also asked you guys to give us your suggestions and it turns out you lot are pretty passionate about your fish and chips!
While this is by no means an exhaustive list of every amazing chippy, we reckon it's a pretty good start.
1. Stein's Fish & Chips in Padstow, Cornwall. Top tip: the queue for the restaurant is lengthy, get a takeaway and enjoy on the water instead!
2. Marshall's in Tynemouth, Tyne and Wear. Not only can you get the infamous scraps here (scraps of batter, yum!) the legend that is Jimi Hendrox once ate here!
3. Golden Union in Soho, London. What this place lacks in seaviews it makes up for in chip butties.
4. City Fish Bar in Canterbury.
5. Bardsley's in Brighton. Frequently named the best fish and chips in Brighton, and we all know how big a deal that is.
6. Harry Ramsden's in Brighton. If you grew up south of Watford then chances are you have at least one childhood memory of eating Harry Ramsden's chips on Brighton Beach.
7. Cafe Piccante in Edinburgh as recommended by Yahoo Lifestyle editor Natasha Bird: "I went to uni in Edinburgh and when my boyfriend used to visit from London he would go to Cafe Piccante before coming to see me, THAT'S how good the chips are."
8. Kennedy's in Clerkenwell, London. This old fashioned eatery has three locations in London, each one is awesome. We can wholeheartedly recommend the battered sausage.
9. New Cod On The Block in Sheffield. If atomic green mushy peas are wrong, we don't wanna be right.
10. Anstruther Fish Bar in Fife. "A friend of mine once walked 68 miles over three days for fish and chips from Anstruther's so yeah, I reckon they're pretty good" - Will Parkhouse, Yahoo Front Page Editor.
11. Kerbisher & Malt in London as recommeded by Yahoo's SEO Manager: "I was addicted to this place for a year. Huge portions, perfect light batter, amazing onion rings. I had to go cold turkey in the end."
12. Pinnacles in Seahouses, Northumberland.
13. Frankie's in Brae, Shetland. This award-winning chippy on the wee isle of Shetland even has a gluten-free option.
14. Cafe Fish in Belfast.
15. Allanwater Cafe in Stirling. Not only does this restaurant do amazing fish and chips, they're also famous for their ice-cream.
16. Winking Willy's in Scarborough.
17. Magpie's Cafe in Whitby.
18. Chez Fred in Bournemouth as recommended by James Dickens, Head of Yahoo Sport: "Best chippy I have ever been to. And Jack Black drove 40 mins to go there. Nuff said."
Did we miss out your favourite? Let us know in the comments below!
[11 Incredible Hot Dog Toppings To Transform Your BBQ]
[9 Brilliant And Unusual Ways To Drink A Cup Of Tea]