This week it’s been revealed that the UK may run out of prosecco in as little as two months thanks to a boom in sales of the budget bubbly.
While this is utterly depressing news, the popularity of the Italian sparkling wine comes as no surprise to us here at Yahoo.
We can’t think of any situation that wasn’t improved by the addition of a glass of prosecco. In fact, we’ve thought of a number of times when a glass of the good stuff was damn near mandatory.
1. The first day of bare legs season. Ladies, you know what we’re talking about.
2. Before your graduation/wedding/first date to get rid of any nerves.
3. When you want to play a drinking game but you're far too old for Tesco own brand chardonnay.
4. When you get a redundancy pay out from a job you HATED.
5. Fitting into that pair of skinny jeans you bought five years ago.
6. Throwing out those skinny jeans you bought five years ago because your life’s happiness cannot be determined by a pair of Topshop trousers.
7. When you’ve just been for a run and the endorphins are pumping and it doesn’t matter what you eat or drink, nothing can make you feel guilty.
8. When a tweet you’re particularly proud of goes viral i.e. gets more than 10 retweets. Yes, that still counts.
9. When abroad. The beauty of the holiday is that normal drinking rules do not apply. Really, from the moment you wake up at 4.30am to catch that Ryanair flight you should have a glass of prosec in your hand.
10. When you run out of squash and want something other than water to drink.
11. Writing off a car…for the third time.
12. Finally managing to de-matt your ridiculously longhaired cat. We have it on good authority that this is a particularly satisfying accomplishment.
13. When you’re getting married but you’re under 35 without incredibly rich parents and realise how bloody expensive champagne is. Prosecco toasts all round!
14. When the BBC finally sacked Jeremy Clarkson.
15. When you bump into your ex and they’ve gone bald/turned into their mum.
16. And their new partner is a pound store version of you.
17. Any day with a Y in it.