13 Things That Are Better Than Someone Trumping Your Wedding With Their OWN Proposal
You may now kiss the...wait a minute, somebody's got something to say...
It's your big day.
Pretty much the one day in your whole life (assuming you only do it once) on which all of your friends are dutifully obliged to forget their own cares and make everything all about YOU.
No bitching about the food, no airing of personal grievances, no stories of their own divorce...only fixed smiles, happy tears, confetti, compliments and the odd cripplingly expensive gift.
What they are absolutely NOT supposed to do, is upstage your whole wedding by drawing the attention of all of your guests in order to get down on one knee and propose to their own significant other.
Seriously, who in the WORLD advised him that this would be a good idea?!
It's even worse than someone speaking up at that horrifying moment during the ceremony in which the priest offers time for someone to object - because at least in that case, the objection would still be due to some concern for the bride and/or groom's overall chance of a lifetime of happiness...
This mid-reception proposal is purely and simply selfish.
'Aint nobody got time for that....
Here are 16 things that are annoying, but not QUITE as annoying as somebody ruining your wedding with their own proposal:
1. Flatmate having noisy sex, next door, in a bed with a cheap cast iron frame.
2. Your girlfriend's all "I'm fine" when something is clearly VERY wrong.
4. When idiots who don't know the system STAND on the left hand side of the escalator.
5. When you're the single one at the party and everyone's all like "don't worry, it will happen for you too one day."
6. People loudly making out on public transport like they can't even wait another 20 minutes.
7. Your best mate who constantly complains about being single but whenever she goes out she ends up binge drinking until she can't hold herself up, sobbing uncontrollably to randoms at the bar and then throwing up in her own handbag. Do yourself a favour love...
8. An advert break in between EVERY Britain's Got Talent act.
9. Automated phone systems that don't answer ANY of your d**ned questions.
10. Children at weddings.
11. Pretty much any relationship post on Instagram #love #bae #soulmates #sooooooolucky #meanttobe
12. When you're just trying to wallow for a minute without looking too self-indulgent and someone REALLY doesn't appreciate personal space.
13. New mums + Facebook. No further explanation required.
[This Is What Would Happen If Men Had Periods]
[17 Times It Is Totally Acceptable To Whip Out The Prosecco]
What would you say if your friend decided to stage their proposal at your wedding? Let us know in the comments!