Stocks are mixed at the midday mark, with the Dow Industrials (^DJI, DIA) and S&P 500 (^GSPC, SPY) losing ground, as the Nasdaq (^IXIC, QQQ) is poking into the green. The financial (XLF) and materials (XLB) sectors are leading the way down, while the consumer discretionary (XLY) sector is the most in the green. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman, Justine Underhill and Yahoo Finance tech critic David Pogue.
- Health care replacement collapses
- Weaker dollar effects on US multinationals
- Goldman Sachs (GS) and Bank of America (BAC) beat on profits but shares sell off
- Big tech earnings in focus (NFLX, IBM, MSFT, EBAY)
- Is through-the-air charging the future or a hoax?
- Trump administration lays out plan to overhaul NAFTA
- Can alcohol be the fix for sinking retail?