Ant Middleton insists career isn't over following Channel 4 axe

·2-min read

Ant Middleton has insisted he's got plenty of TV opportunities coming in after being dropped by Channel 4.

The former soldier and presenter parted ways with the broadcaster and was axed as host of SAS: Who Dares Wins at the start of March over his "personal conduct" in relation to controversial comments he made online about the Black Lives Matter movement and the coronavirus pandemic.

However, the 40-year-old has insisted his TV career isn't over as he's received plenty of opportunities to enable him to make a comeback.

"This last week so many doors have opened, production companies and channels calling me," he said on podcast The Diary of A CEO on Monday. "You get cancelled then that's your career done but you've got Piers Morgans, Jeremy Clarksons and now you've got your Ant Middletons. I'm not going to be comfortable with everyone, and I'm not going to be their cup of tea. Well that's fine because guess what, I don't want to work with you."

Ant likened himself to Piers, who quit Good Morning Britain in early March over his comments regarding Meghan, Duchess of Sussex's interview with Oprah Winfrey, while Jeremy was dropped by the BBC in 2015 for punching a producer on the set of Top Gear. He has since go on to host the Amazon Prime Video show The Grand Tour with his Top Gear presents James May and Richard Hammond and now presents Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

During his chat with podcast host Steven Bartlett, Ant said he will only work with companies who understand his personality.

"If I get questioned one little bit about who I am by any brands, any sponsors, any channels, then I will not work with them. I will say listen, thank you very much. It's obviously not the right match," he stated.