Last year, Prime Day was extended to last a total of 36 hours from midday on 16 July to midnight on 17 July with the site logging more than 89m visits over that period.
Meanwhile, in 2017 Amazon offered shoppers the chance to get their hands on thousands of deals over a mere 30-hour window.
For 2019, Amazon is expected to deliver its biggest and longest sale yet with reductions across the site, including technology and appliances, beauty and clothing.
Here, we take a look at everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Day 2019, from when it is to who can take part and how to find the best deals.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an annual flash sale that sees the retailer reduce prices on a range of products.
The first Prime Day took place in 2015 and lasted 24 hours, with each year following a similar procedure.
However, in 2018 the time limit was extended to 36 hours, giving shoppers more time to sift through the extensive array of deals.
When is it?
This year's Amazon Prime Day has been confirmed and will run for 48 hours from Monday 15 July to Tuesday 16.
It will start at midnight, Pacific Time, which is 8am GMT on Monday.
Prime Day in 2018 fell on Monday 16 July, while in previous years it happened around the second week of the month, rather than the third.
As such, we predict that Prime Day 2019 will fall on either Monday 8 or Monday 15 July 2019.
With the time frame of each sale increasing over the past few years – going from 24 hours, to 30 and then 36 – it has also been speculated that this years event could last up to 48 hours.
How can I take part?
Amazon Prime Day’s discounts aren’t on offer for everyone who visits the site, but only those who are members of Amazon Prime, as the name suggests.
Amazon Prime membership costs £7.99 a month or £79 for an entire year, and subscribers are eligible for a number of perks including same-day delivery, over 800,000 free e-books and access to Prime Video and Amazon Music services.
If you're already a Prime member you will automatically get access to the deals, but if you’re not yet a member and want to take advantage of the huge savings on offer, you can still sign up before the promotion commences. You can sign up here.
Can students take part?
Students can also take advantage of Amazon Prime Day by signing up for to Amazon Student.
Perks of the student subscription, which costs £3.99 a month, include the same services you get with a normal Prime account except for e-books.
If you have a valid email address from a recognised institution to qualify, you can sign up here.
How can you get the best deals?
The IndyBest team will be rounding up the best deals to help you navigate the array of discounts that will be on offer, so make sure to check back here.
Last year, the retailer also released a list of products ahead of the sale so that shoppers were ready to add them to their shopping basket the minute it started.
Another way to ensure you get the best deals is to download the Amazon app. This will give you a head start, as you will be able to track Lightning Deals – discounts that are only available for a few hours at a time – and set up alerts that will notify you when certain deals go live.
What were the best deals last year?
Here are some more of the best deals that were on offer for Amazon Prime Day 2018:
Up to 50 per cent on Amazon devices – Echo Show at £99.99 (£100 off), Amazon Echo at 59.99 (£30 off), Fire TV Stick with Alexa voice remote at £24.99 (£15 off), Echo Spot at £89.99 (£30 off), Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa at £29.99 (£20 off)
- Up to 30 per cent off TVs from LG, Sony, Toshiba and more
- Up to 30 per cent off projectors from Epson, Optoma, LG and Sony
- Up to 30 per cent off selected AmazonBasics products
- 40 per cent off AncestryDNA genetic testing kit
- Up to 30 per cent off premium white spirits including Grey Goose, Edinburgh Gin, Tanqueray and more
- Up to 40 per cent off toys including Fisher Price, Barbie, Hot Wheels and more
- Up to 50 per cent off coffee machines including Nespresso, Krups and Nescafé Dolce Gusto
- Up to 40 per cent off robot vacuum cleaners including Neato, iRobot and Eufy
- Up to 30 per cent off pet products including Harrington's, Lily's Kitchen, Sureflap, Felix and more
- Popular movies available to rent with Prime Video for as little as £1.99
- Up to 30 per cent off baby bestsellers from Tommee Tippee, Silver Cross, Graco and more
- Up to 30 per cent off big brand groceries including Clipper, Illy, Nescafé and Tassimo
- Up to 30 per cent off Puma, New Balance and Vans and more