Sofia Richie is kicking it the old school way. The 25-year-old influencer, who is known to rock a slicked-back bun on a regular basis (so much so that she created a tutorial for the look), proved in a recent TikTok that her hairstyle repertoire goes much deeper.
In the short clip, she teased a new campaign that she was filming and displayed her latest hairstyle hack for luxurious waves: heatless rollers and pins. Richie recorded a before and after of the process, displaying her hair pinned up in a series of pins and curlers before revealing her effortless curls.
While she didn’t walk through the process step-by-step, the old school method has always been fairly straight-forward. Since the holidays are approaching and we know that curls tend to be a holiday party staple—and a fabulously festive one at that—we thought now was the perfect time to walk through the style.
If you’re looking to replicate her style this season, try the following.
5 steps for heatless curls
1. Divide your hair into sections along the top of your head.
2. Place a curler at the ends, rolling it up toward your roots on the underside of your hair (so that the hair lays flat toward the top of your head and curls in toward your face, rather than out).
3. Pin the hair to the curler and repeat with the remainder of your hair.
4. Let the curlers sit for as long as you can. While it used to be the norm to sleep in them, if you’re looking for a more comfortable alternative, wear them while you do the rest of your makeup (or for at least 15 to 30 minutes) for best results.
5. To encourage the curling process, you can apply a little low-grade heat using a blow dryer for a few minutes.
And, that's a wrap. Again, it’s a simple process (one you probably have the hang of from childhood), and one you can’t really mess up. If you need a little more direction, though, watch Richie’s video to determine how best to arrange your hair in the curlers.